Chapter 8 - Arcade

Lily's POV

"WAKEY WAKEY! TIME TO GET UP!"

I was jolted awake by someone screaming at the top of their lungs and jumping on my bed. I opened one eye and groaned as I saw Ed smirking done at me as he continued to jump.

"Go away, Ed," I whined, closing my eyes again.

"Nope."

He continued to jump and it was starting to get on my nerves so I wrapped an arm around his legs and pulled as hard as I can, making him fall on the bed.

"Hey!" he yelled.

"I told you to go away."

"And I said nope." I felt movement on the bed and I reluctantly opened my eyes to see Ed lying on his stomach beside me.

"What do you want?" I grumbled.

"Well, then. Here I thought that you wanted to spend the day with me on my day off. I get it, you'd rather sleep." He exaggerated the drama by looking away but remained on the bed.

I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face as I turned to my side. I ruffled his hair to get his attention, which worked as he looked back at me.

"I'm sorry, you know I'm not a morning person." He returned my smile.

"Yes, I'm quite aware that you are not a morning person."

I laughed. "So, what are we going to do today?" I asked as I yawned.

"Well, first, you are going to brush your teeth because it smells absolutely repulsive." He pretended to grimace and fan the air in front of his face.

I rolled my eyes and smacked him causing him to laugh.

"I'm joking. No, I was thinking that we'd have a fun day today. Get your mind off of...him. I don't want you wasting another second thinking about him. If he calls again, I have something to say to him. But right now, today, we're going to have the best day ever."

Even though I was reminded of what happened yesterday, I couldn't help but feel excited for Ed's plans. I don't even know what we're doing and I'm already excited.

I pushed myself up on the bed to lean against the headboard as I looked at Ed.

"What are we going to do?" I asked excitedly.

"First, I'm going to take you out for breakfast and then we're going to go to the arcade with the lads and the girls and then we're going to go to the movies and then have a picnic at Harry's. Both of us talked about it last night when we got home and we wanted to do something to cheer you up."

I had a huge smile on my face, partly because of the fun day ahead of us, but mostly because of the thought that Harry was thinking of me and that he wanted to cheer me up. And Ed, too.

"That's really sweet of you guys. Really. I was actually planning on staying home in my sweats and stuffing my face with ice cream but your idea is so much better."

"Good. Plus, we don't have ice cream here so your plan wouldn't have worked anyways."

"So, I'm guessing you and Harry made up. I saw you two talking last night at dinner and I was gonna ask you about it afterwards but I didn't get a chance to."

"Yeah, we did. We talked later that day when I got mad and we talked it out. We put it behind us. It's like it never happened."

"That's good."

"Now go get ready, we're going to leave soon."

"Okay," I said. He was about to get up but I quickly lurched forward and wrapped my arms around him, tackling him in a hug.