Chapter 140 - This

Lily's POV

Catching the light from the moon, grasped carefully in between his fingers...

A ring.

My body goes numb and my mind goes blank as I focus on the ring. I still have my hand clutched over my mouth in shock as my other hand that's still held up in front of us shakes like a leaf.

I'm unable to move or talk and when Harry walks around me to stand right in front of me, I can only stay put in my spot. I slowly look up at him as he smiles nervously at me and brings my hand down in between us as he holds it with his own.

"Lily, I made you a promise the other day that I will marry you one day. I know it'll be years down the road but I wanted to do something to show you that I'm completely yours. Everything I have, everything that I am is yours."

I can see his eyes misting and I can feel his hand shaking as he still continues to hold onto mine. I bring my other hand down from my mouth and rest it over my chest, feeling my speeding heartbeat.

"This...this isn't a proposal," he says shakily. "I will propose to you one day. That, I know of for sure. But I just wanted to promise myself to you. I want this ring to symbolize forever for us with what we have right now. I know we're too young to even be engaged but I want this for us, to show that it'll be forever, even now. I can't imagine my life without you. I've already experienced that and I never want to experience that ever again. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I want to start this new chapter with you...with this promise. So...Lily...will you promise to be mine forever?"

By now, my cheeks are streaked with tears and my entire body is shaking. My heart is pounding in my chest and my stomach is in a constant spin.

I look down at the ring still grasped in his fingers as he holds it beside my right hand. I look back up at him and see him looking at me with complete nervousness on his face.

We did make a promise yesterday and as he stands in front of me now, with a ring in his hand, it doesn't change anything.

"Yes. Of course, yes." A smile stretches across my face as more tears flow down my cheeks.

"Really?" he breathes.

I nod my head feverishly. "Yes! I promise, Harry. A million times yes."

He releases a huge breath as he finally smiles, a tear escaping from his eyes. The both of us look down at our hands and I watch as he slips the beautiful ring onto the ring finger of my right hand, where promise rings are supposed to be placed.

The ring fits perfectly.

Harry brushes his fingers along mine for a few seconds before he entwines our fingers, pulling me to him before he crashes his lips against mine. He wraps his other arm around my waist and he lifts me up as I wrap my arms around his neck.

He spins me around, letting our lips just stay pressed together in a lingering kiss as we let the excitement grow.

He pulls away to look at me, a huge smile on his face. I wrap my legs around his waist, not wanting to pull away from him just yet. He holds me with both of his hands now and I take one of mine, the one with the ring on it and rest it on his cheek as I smile back at him.

"I love you so much," he whispers. "You have no idea how happy I am right now."

"I love you, Harry. And I think I do because I've never been more happy than I am now."

"Do you like it? The ring?"

I hold my hand in between us and we both look down at it.

"I love it, Harry. I really do. It's beautiful."