Chapter 148 - New Year

*Not edited*

*Strong sexual content!*

And again, sorry for taking long to update! I definitely will try to get back to the normal updating pattern. I've been busy with work but I've missed writing so much.

**

Lily's POV

"What're your New Year's resolutions going to be?" I ask Harry as we have his driver take us to Niall's for the New Years party.

He puckers his lips in thought. "Well, I was actually thinking of starting a charity for children with cancer and other end-stage illnesses. I know there are already a lot of charities out there but it'd be nice to start one and manage it myself."

I look over at him in awe and amazement. "Wow, Harry. Usually people say they're going to go to the gym more or take up gardening or something. You're making us all look bad here."

He shoots me a smile and chuckles. "I know it seems like a lot but, honestly, it's the least I could do for them, you know?"

"I think it's amazing, Harry. And I can definitely help out in any way I can."

I squeeze his hand that's placed in my lap and he returns the gesture by rubbing my skin with his thumb.

"I'm already so proud of you, babe."

"Thank you." He smiles at me and I lean over and give him a quick kiss.

"So, what else do you have on your list of resolutions?"

"Well, I want to try to spend more time with my family. And you, of course," he adds, glancing over at me as he places his other hand on my thigh. "And I definitely want to write more songs. For the band and for other artists, as well. And...I kinda wanted to try acting. I mean, it'd definitely have to be when we go on break but I've always wanted to try."

I just smile in adoration at my boyfriend as his mind goes off into all of the ambitions he has for the next year and for the rest of the future.

"But..." he continues. "The thing I want to accomplish the most...is to make my girlfriend happy every single day."

I roll my eyes but blush at the same time, a warm feeling spreading across my body.

"Good luck with that. I'm hard to please sometimes. And the whole year? We've been together for only four months and I wanted to rip your head off about 50% of the time. I'd love to see you try for an entire year."

He raises an eyebrow at me. "Challenge accepted. I know many ways to please you."

I chuckle lightly as I lean towards him and bury my face into the crook of his neck.

"How about you?" he asks. "What are your resolutions?"

I keep my head rested against his shoulder as I look out in thought. I've thought about it lately and I've been too shy to talk to Harry about it but now that he's shared his resolutions to me, I don't feel as silly.

"Well, the obvious one is record an album and...if it falls through, release it and...maybe go on a small tour. I...I know it's seems like I'm hoping for too much but-"

"You're not," he interrupts me. "I think that's a perfectly reasonable dream. It's better to dream big than not big enough. It means you really want something out of life. It means that you want to work hard for what you really want. And I know you, and I've heard you sing. I know you can do it."

My smile stretches across my face, my heart growing as he rubs my arm and back as he talks.

"I honestly think that you'll be able to accomplish that much more easily that my resolution to make you happy all year."