Chapter 63 - Closure

Here it is! Prepare yourself...

I HIGHLY recommend you listen to 'Spaces' on the boys' new album. The moment I first listened to this song, it immediately reminded me of this story. It described their relationship right now perfectly. And it goes perfectly with this chapter. It's attached to the chapter, at the top.

PUT IT ON REPEAT!

Start the song when you see this '~*~*~'

**

Lily’s POV

“Are you sure?” Ed asks me as he parks in front of Harry’s gate. I look out the window, hoping that a sign sent from above will let me know that I’m making the right decision. But none comes and I have to just go with my gut and go with my decision.

I nod. “Yeah, I’m sure.”

I hear him take a deep breath before I look over at him.

“I owe him a goodbye.”

“I know you do but…is this the right way to do it? Can’t you just have him over tomorrow before you go? At least I can be there.”

I look into his apprehensive eyes, shaking my head at him. “I need to do this alone. I’ll be fine. I promise. Don’t wait up for me. I’ll just take a taxi back to your place.”

His wariness grows in his features and I know that I need to get out of this car soon or Ed will lock the doors and drive me back to his flat.

“I’ll call you if anything happens, okay? I’m just going to say goodbye to him and I’ll go home right after. Please, don’t worry about me.”

I try to give him a comforting smile but he still doesn’t seem convinced. However, he still nods and looks away. I turn and open the door, hopping out and facing Ed.

“I’ll see you later, okay?”

He turns to look at me and gives me a small smile. “Yeah. Um…good luck.”

I return his smile before I take a step back and close the door. He drives off after I wave him goodbye and I take a deep breath before I turn around and walk up to Harry’s gate. It instantly sends waves of emotions as I stare through the gate towards Harry’s house. I’ve had good and bad memories here and I have no idea which way tonight will go.

Before I end up changing my mind, I bring a shaky hand up to the intercom and press the button. No answer comes and I’m worried that Harry isn’t even home. I press it again one more time, my heart thumping in my chest as seconds pass by in silence.

~*~*~ (START THE SONG!)

Just as I’m about to call Ed to come back and pick me up, the intercom crackles.

“Lily?”

The way Harry calls for me pulls at my heart. It sounds so pained, hopeful, in disbelief and so many other emotions. My mind goes blank for a second, not knowing what to do. However, I find my hand going back up to the intercom to press a button.

“Hi, Harry.” I have to clear my throat as my voice comes out in a squeak. “Can…can I come in?”

Not a second later, the intercom buzzes again. “Yeah, of course.” He sounds out of breath. A moment later, a loud buzz is heard, followed with a click as the gate unlocks. I push the gate open and close it behind me and when I turn around and look up, Harry is standing on the front porch, looking at me like he can’t believe what he’s seeing. His eyes are wide and I can see him fidgeting with his fingers as he watches me walk up to him. I take the steps up to the front porch and stand in front of him.