Chapter 57 - Motorcycle Rides

Lily's POV

Harry had called me first thing in the morning telling me to get ready and to wear something comfortable. I had called him back when I was ready and of course I asked him where we were going.

"It's a surprise. Now wait for me in the lobby. I'll be there soon."

I dramatically sigh. "Fine. But one of these days, I'm going to make you tell me."

He laughs. "Good luck with that. Anyways, I'll see you soon."

"Alright. Bye," I say.

I put my phone in my purse and head out of my room. Ed was working today. He told me that he was shooting a new music video. I had asked to go with him, telling him that I was curious as to how music videos were made but he knows me well and he knew that I'd just try to somehow make myself an extra by being in the video. So, he forbid to go, at least not today since it was the first day but he said he'll think about letting me watch on one of the last days of shooting.

I head downstairs and sit on one of the benches right by the huge window. I keep myself busy with my phone, occasionally looking up and looking for his black Range Rover. I look up when I hear a motorcycle pull into the front of the building and I do a double take when I realize that it's Harry. My mouth opens wide as I watch him take off his helmet and hop off of the bike. He shakes his hair, sweeping it back before he places the helmet on the seat and puts on the kickstand.

I slowly stand up and he turns to look at me. He must notice my horrified expression because he smirks as he watches me walk outside. I walk up to him, watching him as he leans on his bike.

"Tell me we are not riding on that thing around town."

"Well, I can ride on "this thing" and you can walk," he says with another smirk.

"I'll take a taxi. Just tell me where were going." I look at the bike with wide eyes.

He laughs. "Come on. I promise I'll go slow. It'll be fun. I promise." He pushes himself off the bike and walks to the back of it, opening the compartment and taking out another helmet. He walks up to me and holds out the helmet.

I keep my arms crossed, looking down at the helmet like it's a bomb and then back up at him.

"If I die, I'm going to kill you," I say as I swipe the helmet from his hand.

He laughs. "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe."

I put on the helmet, making sure it's snug around my head. "Motorcycles are not safe. You're out in the open and so vulnerable. You could get hit by a bird or something."

He laughs again, shaking his head. "Well, since you're going to be sitting in the front, you'll be the one getting hit by a bird."

"What?!" I shout, my voice going up an octave.

"I'm joking," he chuckles. "Now get on."

He swings his leg over the bike and sits down. I take a small step towards it and survey the bike. It's a decent size, but then again, I know nothing about motorcycles. Are smaller bikes safer than big ones? Is it safe for two people to ride at the same time? Why aren't there seatbelts?

I take big, dramatic breaths, even holding my hands out in front of me and pinching my fingers like I'm meditating.

He grabs my wrist and lightly pulls me towards the bike.

"Lily, please get on the bike," he whines.

I laugh. "Okay, okay. Jeez, so impatient. I'm just trying to mentally prepare myself for my possible death."