Chapter 97 - Beagles

I changed the previous chapter a bit. I just changed the part where Harry and Lily didn't talk to each other for two days. I changed it to three days. That's it.

However! Wattpad is having issues right now and it won't change any edits I make for chapters that are already posted. I edited it last night but the changes aren't appearing.

So basically, it's been three days since they talked and the party is now the next day.

Enjoy this chapter!

And OMG fetus gif :'(

**

Lily's POV

*Yeah we're all just hanging out in Liam's hotel room. You can call him right now*

As soon as I read Louis' text, I excuse myself from El in the living room and head to my bedroom. I close the door behind me and lie down on my bed. My hands shake as they hover over Harry's number.

I've already gone through what I'm going to say to him but now, it seems to be flying out of my ear as each second passes.

I quickly click his number and put the phone up to my ear. My heart pounds in my chest as I wait for an answer.

The first ring barely goes before he answers.

"Lily?"

My mind blanks for a second as soon as I hear his voice. It feels like it's been weeks since I've heard it, not just three days. My mind is still frozen, not knowing what to say first.

"Lily, baby. Are you there?"

As soon as I hear more of his voice, as soon as I hear him call me 'baby', I instantly relax. I take a deep breath and close my eyes.

"Hi, Harry."

I hear him sigh deeply. "Lily. I'm so glad to hear from you. I missed you so much."

My thoughts about Harry being upset or mad at me being the reason he didn't try to call me these past few days are thrown out the window at his words. He missed me. Just like I missed him.

"I...I missed you, too. How...how are you?"

"I've been better but I'm so damn happy now that you called."

Does Harry know that I'm planning on moving past this after we talk about it? Or did he just assume?

I shake those thoughts away, not wanting to divert from what we really need to talk about. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I'm the one that wanted this. I'm the one that stopped all means of communication these past three days. I'm the one that was supposed to be the one to call Harry first.

I just go through what I plan to say and take a deep breath.

"Can we talk? Are you busy?"

"No, no, no. I'm not busy. Yeah, we can talk," he says in a rush. The background noise through the phone fades away until it's complete silence, assuming that Harry had found an empty room to take our conversation.

"Alright, so, first, I want to ask you something." I take a deep breath, not letting him have a chance to interrupt me. "Do you trust me?"

He pauses for a few seconds, most likely taking in my question.

"Of course I do. I trust you more than I trust anyone else."

"Then why were you like that? I just...I don't understand. I trust you, Harry. I trust you more than anyone else. So much that it actually scares me sometimes. But I know that you would never do anything to hurt me, at least not now after what we've been through. I just don't understand why you don't trust me that way, too."