Chapter 137 - Christmas Shopping

Lily's POV

I wake with a start when I hear someone yelling.

"Lily! Oh, fuck...Lily, help!"

Adrenaline pumps through my veins, completely waking me up as I hear Harry's shouts for help. I shoot out of the bed and I barely rush two steps when I realize that I'm naked.

"LILY! HELP!"

My heart pounds in my chest as I dart my eyes around the room, looking for anything to wear. Harry's shirt is nowhere in sight so I just quickly walk over to my suitcase and grab the first thing I can grab, which, thankfully, happens to be my silk robe.

I'm already rushing out the door as I slip it on. I wrap it around my body and tie it as I run down the stairs, anxiety shaking my body.

"Harry?!" I shout.

I look around the main floor but see him nowhere in sight.

"Kitchen! Shit! Hurry!"

I run to the kitchen and as soon as I reach the doorway, I search the room, my eyes wide and breaths hard and fast.

I'm expecting a fire or even a burglar that had broken into the house and had hurt him but I saw neither of those.

All I see is Harry standing by the stove, facing with and looking at me with a wide grin.

"Wh...what the hell? Why were you yelling?" I say breathlessly, still completely confused as to what's happening.

"Nothing. I just wanted to get you out of bed."

I glare at him as I clutch my chest where my heart is still beating like a jackhammer and he just continues to give me that damn smirk. I finally take a good look at him and see him wearing a pair of sweats and he's topless but he's wearing an apron.

If I weren't so annoyed with what he just did, I would find him cute.

"I hate you so much," I say as I turn around. "I'm going back to bed."

I wasn't actually planning on going back but he could've woken me up in any other way that didn't give me a heart attack.

"Nuh-uh-uh. Get back here."

I don't even take two steps before I feel Harry take my hand and spin me around, pulling me against his chest.

"Tell me one good reason why you had to wake me up like that," I ask.

He puckers his lips in thought. "Um, I didn't want to burn the food?"

I raise an eyebrow at him, not believing him for a second.

"Okay, I was too lazy to go upstairs," he says.

I roll my eyes. "You're an idiot."

He only smiles at me, my insult not affecting him at all. I see his eyes dart down my body, surely taking in my attire.

"I've never seen you wear this." He slides his fingers along the part of the robe covering my chest, tugging it down slightly.

"That's because I either wear your shirt or no shirt at all when I sleep."

"Well, I really like this. Now I'm not sure which one I like the most. I mean, I love it when you wear my shirt and when you wear nothing, but this?"

He takes my hands as he takes a step back, taking a better look at me.

"Now I'm definitely glad I woke you up."

I point my chin up and cross my arms. "Well, you didn't have to wake me up like a bloody banshee so you won't get to see what's underneath this robe for the rest of the day."