Chapter 136 - Between Us

*not edited*

*smut warning*

**

Lily's POV

It's nearing midnight now and the party was starting to die down. The men were still watching a game and the women were still in the kitchen but they weren't as loud as before. The kids were still in the living room watching a movie and Harry was lying down on the couch with his head in my lap.

It was about halfway through the movie that I had noticed that he was fast asleep. I just continue to watch the movie, brushing his hair gently with my hand.

Suddenly, I feel someone place their hand on my shoulder and I look up and see Anne smiling down at me.

"Hi, love. Can I talk to you?"

I nod as I try to hide my nervousness. "Sure. Of course."

I'm about to get up from the couch but she places her hand on my shoulder again.

"It's alright. We can talk here," she whispers, only loud enough for me to hear.

She pulls up one of the chairs and places it beside the couch, right beside me.

She sits down and faces me. She glances down at Harry in my lap and when I continue to brush his hair, a small smile spreads across her face before she looks back up at me.

"First of all, I want you to know that I'm not upset with you for what happened. I know that you're worried about that. I mean, I was upset that Harry was upset but I wasn't upset with you for it. I understood why you did it. So what I wanted to say is that, even though a part of me knew that you would, I'm glad you went back to Harry."

I give her a small smile before I look down at Harry still peacefully sleeping on my lap.

"I wish I didn't have to do it," I say. "But I didn't want to lose him."

Anne places her hand over mine that was resting on the armrest of the couch. I glace up at her and see her giving me an understanding smile, like she knew all along why I did what I did.

"I didn't want him to lose you, either. I tried to make him understand why I thought you wanted a break and I think he understood eventually. It was hard for him at first but I think he eventually realized that he didn't want to lose you, either." She shakes her head. "I don't think I've ever seen anyone more in love than Harry is towards you. And I don't think I ever will."

I just smile, trying to hold back the tears threatening to spill over.

"I never wanted to hurt your son, Anne. But...I didn't want to lose him."

"I understand. You don't need to explain anymore. I'm just glad you two are together again."

I just nod. "Me, too."

She sighs. "I apologize for how Harry's aunts and Granny were. I hope they didn't scare you off."

I laugh softly. "I'm fine, I swear. My aunts are like that, too. I've just never been the one to experience it myself. They were lovely. I'm just happy that they like me. I mean, I hope they do."

"What are you talking about?" she asks. "They absolutely love you. They're just as protective of Harry as I am, especially Granny. She's the tough one. If you have her approval, you have everyone's approval."

I laugh with her, which is what causes Harry to start to stir in my lap. He blinks slowly as he wakes up, groaning as he stretches before he turns his head to look up at me with a smile.