Chapter 22 - When You Walk By

Video is at the top!

**

Lily's POV

"Stop staring at me."

Harry smiles at me and my face mimics his. I'm sitting cross-legged at the foot of my bed facing Harry, who is laying down against the headboard, his legs stretched out beside me.

"Make me," Harry retorts.

I giggle and shake my head before I stick my tongue out at him and turn around, my back now facing him. I look back down at my journal in my lap and start to focus on the words scrawled along the pages.

I can tell that my intention to tease him worked as I hear and feel him moving across the bed. A couple of seconds later, I feel his presence behind me as he kisses my shoulder. He sits behind me and he wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder.

I close my journal before I turn my head to look at Harry and see that he's looking down at my journal.

"What do you write in your journal?"

I smile and look back down at the slightly tattered book, running a hand over it.

I shrug. "Everything. But it's mostly songs that I wrote."

"Oh, really? Can I hear them?"

Playing and singing in front of people is one thing but playing my own songs for people is another. I don't know why I feel different about my own songs but I think it's the fact that it's my own words, my own feelings that I've decided to put onto paper and will eventually share with others. I can hardly take criticism about my singing and playing the guitar but I don't know how I would be able to handle criticism about my lyrics.

"They still need a lot of work...but I'll definitely play one of them for you one day."

He seems to notice my hesitance as he kisses me on my shoulder once again.

"Are one of those songs about me?"

I look over at him with a huge smile on my face to see that he has a goofy grin on his.

"Maybe," I tease.

I smile to myself because there are in fact a few songs that I wrote about him. Most of them aren't finished yet, partly because of the fact that I can't seem to find perfect enough words to write a song about everything about him.

"I think there is."

I turn my body around so that I'm facing him completely.

"Oh, do you?" I wrap my arms around his neck and give him a quick kiss.

"Mhm." He nods with a smirk on his face.

I trace my finger along his dimple. "And have you written a song about me?"

I'm not really sure if he would and I wouldn't be upset if he hasn't. I was just curious.

"Yeah, you want to hear it?"

My eyes widen in shock and my heart leaps as excitement grows inside of me.

I nod feverishly. "Yes!"

I unwrap my arms from him as he leans back. He clears his throat.

"Oh, Lily.
Your name is like the flower,
But you're much prettier
And smell a lot nicer."

I roll my eyes but continue to listen to his cheesy song with a stupid smile on my face.

"Oh, Lily.
You're so hot,
But your boyfriend
Is so much more hotter."