Chapter 12

Chen Xing and grandmother went to see the booth with the two officials. He originally thought that even if there was such a booth, the location and conditions should not be very good, but when he arrived in front of the booth and saw the specific appearance of the booth, I realized that I was thinking badly.

    The stall is at the end of the street next to the city wall. The floor is clean, one side is against the city wall behind, and the other three sides are hollowed out. The roof is built with thatch, and the space inside can accommodate two tables of guests. The previous store probably also cooked food, and there were still two small fire stoves in front of the stall.

    What delighted Chen Xing most was that not far from the stall were shops such as money houses and silver houses. Presumably, the surrounding safety should be guaranteed. At the first sight of this stall, Chen Xing fell in love with the stall, and even began to figure out in his heart that he should go there to get tarpaulins or thatch to cover up the leaks.

.The officer who brought Chen Xing over looked at him, knowing that the errand was going well, and looked at him with a smile: "How about it, isn't this place good? This stall was originally done by a relative of Lai's family. That person usually It’s not uncommon to follow Master Lai and the others to make domineering blessings. This time the county grandfather liquidated the Lai family, he also counted a share, so this stall will be vacant."

    Chen Xing nodded, and asked hesitantly, "Thank you, the official, how do you calculate this rent?"

    The officer was very refreshed, and he said directly: "Originally this was the property of the Lai family, and the collection was two taels of silver a year. But now it is taken over by the county grandfather, only one tael. But the county grandfather also knows your situation. It is not easy for you. I told you before we came and allowed you to pay half a year first, and then pay the remaining half when you earn money."

.Originally, Chen Xing hesitated when he heard that he had to pay one or two dollars. After all, he hadn't made that much in these days. If he needs to rent a stall, I'm afraid he will have to borrow from Gu Lang.

    As a result, he heard the second half of what the official said. While he praised the county magistrate that he had never met before, he immediately responded and said to the official: "Thank you, the official, I rented it."

    When the officials heard that he wanted to rent this stall, they were not surprised. After all, it was such a cheap and good stall, if they would not refuse it. Moreover, this little brother can pick up such a cheap stall, I am afraid it is because there are people behind, otherwise it will be so easy.

    Therefore, after hearing that Chen Xing was about to rent, the official said with a smile: "Since it has been decided, then you will go with us to sign the deed. It will be yours within one year after signing the stall."

.Private stalls are not allowed in the county seat. Either they have to be paved, or they have to be on specific streets. Anything beyond that range must be approved by the government to operate. Otherwise, as long as the government finds out, the lighter one will open your booth, and the more serious one will have to go to the government for a visit. Moreover, to rent the stalls here, it is necessary to go to a special office of the government for notarization, so as to avoid disputes and there is no place to reason.

    Chen Xing, who had the idea of ​​renting a booth a few days ago, had already inquired about these details clearly, so he felt more relieved after hearing the officials say this. After all, verbal agreements can be ruined, but things written in black and white are not so easy to repent.