Déjà Vu-Flashback Part 2

She drank her soup as she looked at the sky through the window, Devin walked in with his food and saw the girl sitting alone

She drank her soup as she looked at the sky through the window, Devin walked in with his food and saw the girl sitting alone. He hummed in encouragement and walked over, he looks down at her as she just continues her window watch.

"May I sit with you?"he asks.

Norie looks at him, he had a stern face but saw the kindness in his eyes. She opened her mouth slightly but then looked away. Devin's face drops and he just gulps.

"Okay...well...I'll see you around"he says.

After what happened to them at the forest 2 days ago, he thought they had gotten closer. Yeah, Devin has to admit that he has a crush on her but he really, truly wanted to become friends with Norie. He wanted to get to know her, laugh with her, smile with her, and make her happy.

Devin went to walk away but he felt a tug on his shirt, he looked at Norie who looked at the table . She sighs and whispers "sit with me"

Devin smiles slightly as he looked at her, her eyes are soft and calm. He sits next to her and then breaks apart his bread and hands the other half to her. Norie stared at it and then slowly took it from his hands and started eating with him.

-------------------------

Norie started getting closer to Devin, they would hang out after training, would go into town to buy some pastries or sneak into the training area and go for a night stroll with their gear. Devin started to feel something in the pit of his stomach, he had felt it before but it was stronger now.

"Yeah I'll see you tomorrow-"Devin was cut off when he felt a tug on his arm and was pulled into a tight alleyway that could only fit two.

He looked up confused but then saw Norie with a light smile.

"Norie-"

Devin was cut off when she placed a raspberry cheesecake croissant into his mouth shutting him up, he smiled and ate it happily making her laugh.

--------------------

It was beautiful.

Her eyes sparkled at the field of flowers that was in front of her, it was like something straight out of a painting. Devin looks at her with a smile as he places one behind her ear making her jump but let him do it.