cent dix huit

"now what

"now what..."Norie whispers.

Her uncle looks at her as she stared at the ground.

"What's going to happen out their? My kid..."she whispered as she teared up.

"Levi isn't their to protect him..."

Her uncle stands in front of her and places a hand on her shoulder.

"Norie... Don't stress-Don't?"she cut him off.

"How the hell am I suppose to not stress! You keep telling me that I need to help! And I want to see my baby but how the hell am I supposed to do that if I'm dead! I was doing just fine with Levi and Jiro!"Norie yelled

"That little life you lived was fake Norie! It wasn't real!"her uncle cut her off.

"I don't care!"Norie screamed out with tears.

"I don't care if it was fake...Levi was alive...Jiro was with us...happy and healthy...we were okay..."she cried softly.

Her uncle stared at her and says "what if I tell you..."

Norie covered her face with her hands as she tried to calm her tears as her uncle continued.

"What if he was alive?"

Her mind went blank, how could he be alive? After what I saw? How could he...

"You made it out, doesn't mean he didn't either"

Norie looked up at him as he says "Ackerman...I saw that name once. And from what I've seen with Levi all these years looking over you...He's gotta be the strongest person I've ever seen next to you"

She stared at him as her throat hurt from it closing up each time she tried to breathe, her uncle smiled lightly.

"Do you really think he'd just give up easily? I don't think he'd just leave his wife and kid behind like that..."

"He promised you didn't he?"

Norie sniffled as she whispered "yeah..."

He smiles and then says "then don't let it break"

"Take my abilities, go and help. But prepare yourself because once you go it will begin."

Norie hiccups and says "but aren't you dead?"

He looks at her and says "I couldn't let go either, but...I think it's time for me to realize you don't need me looking over you"

She stared at her Uncle as she felt the tears start again, even though she has never met him, even if he never met her, she was still family and he took care of her all these years. She could feel the family love she had lost 23 years ago.

He reached for his pin that had a golden circle on it and broke it, it easily did since it was old. He cut through his palm and Norie saw the blood sweep out. He looks at her and then extended his hand towards her.