soixante et un

Everyone say around a light as norie passed out small portions of food so they can eat, she goes to Armin and hands him his.

"Thank you..."he mumbles still not looking at her.

Norie smiled sadly at him and placed a hand on his head and said "eat up okay?"

She grabbed hers and Levi's and sits next to him as they began to eat but Levi noticed that Armin wasn't eating as he stared in front of him.

"What's wrong? This grimy place kill your appetite?"

"Levi"norie says turning to him.

"No..."Armin spoke up.

"Jean, there's something I don't understand..."

"What's that?"jean says.

"When I shot that gun to save you...I honestly thought I didn't make it in time. Sorry but, why was I the one who shot first?"Armin questions.

"That's..."jean began but couldn't find a way to put it in words.

"Because the other person hesitated"

"It's true..."

"Armin, I'm sorry I should've done what I had to do"jean said

"I know what it is..."Armin spoke out.

"The person that I killed, I bet they were a nice person. Someone that was much more human then I am...I pulled the trigger so easily...I did...I'm"

"Armin you've got blood on your hands now"Levi says making norie sigh at his straight forwardness, but it was true.

"You can't go back to who you were"

"Why would you say that?"Mikasa said.

"Embrace the new you, just think, if your hands were still clean Jean wouldn't be here right now. I'll tell you why you pulled the trigger"

Armin looked at Levi as he continues.

"Because your comrade was about to die, Armin, thanks to you getting blood on your hands, nobody in our squad ended up dead"

"Thank you"

Norie smiled lightly at Armin and she softly says "thank you honey"

"Captains...I...I thought it was wrong to fight other humans and wrong for both of you to order us to do it. I was afraid to be hurting other people, but...I'm the one who was wrong. Next time I'll shoot"jean says

"We never said anything about who was right or wrong, to be honest...we don't even know ourselves"norie spoke up

"Are you really the one in the wrong?"

The teens looked at them and they both stand up.

"Now then, it's about time we hear what these two have to say"Levi says.

Norie looks at Armin and places a hand on his shoulder and says "Armin, it's okay to feel that way"

He looks at her and says "have you killed anyone before captain?"

She sighs and says "me and Levi, we've known each other since we were kids. And...killing was one way to survive where we grew up in"

"Where'd you grow up?"Armin asks.

"The underground"she says softly.

"The underground?"he says shocked.

"Yeah...I was 13 when I had my first kill, I mean I had to. If I didn't, Levi wouldn't have been here"Norie says.