trente-et-un

It was now night time and they all sat down at a big table eating their dinner, while using candles to light up the room a bit.

"We'll be in stand by for a few more days"

"I heard we're planning a large-scale expedition beyond the walls in a month, not to mention we'll be brining this year's graduates along, too"Eldo explained.

"Is that true Eldo? That's pretty sudden"

Norie silently agreed as she sipped on her chai tea.

"That attack must have taken a toll on the new troops"Gunther says.

"It probably terrified the brats, right Norie?"Oluo says.

Norie just nodded and Petra says " is that true Captains?"

"Making plans isn't our job, but knowing Erwin, he has more in his mind then we can ever imagine"Levi explained.

"The fact being that we can't be able to know when we'll get to do what we're told to do, it's like a surprise"Norie says.

"It's true that the situation has changed, I'd thought that all of our sacrifice thus far to lay a route to retake Maria had been neglected by a single blow"Eld says

"But now we have an entirely different hope."

Everyone turned to Eren and he froze.

"I still can't believe it, but what do they mean when they say you turn into a Titan Eren?"eld continues.

Norie looked up to look at Eren, once he saw her, he calmed down and answered Eld's question.

"I don't really remember what happened. I was so desperate. I couldn't think, but the trigger is self inflicted injury. I take my hand like this"

Eren lifted his hand up to his mouth.

Then he froze as if what he said surprised him.

Levi rested his hand on Norie's knee and leaned forward and said "you know we won't get anything out of Eren that isn't already covered in the reports. But I know a certain someone who has other ideas"

"Maybe fiddle around with you, or even kill you Eren"

"Levi"Norie whispered sternly.

"Someone?"Eren asks leaning forward.

The door behind Levi and Norie started to shake viciously and Petra stood up to open it and in came stumbling Hange.

"Hello Levi-Norie's squad!"she said happily.

"How are you enjoying the castle?"

"You're early"the couple said

"I couldn't wait any longer! Hello my husband, haven't checked on our kids in a while!"Hange said as she hugs Norie from behind.

"Oh you know...daddies got work"Norie says jokingly making Levi almost choke on his tea

"We'll make some time!"Hange said shaking her.

"Get your filthy hands off her"Levi says pushing hanges face away.

"Dad?"Eren questions.

"I'm a father of two Titans"Norie said unimpressed and annoyed as she stood up to go to the kitchen and wash her cup.

Eren looked at her with a pity look.

"Hey there Eren!"Hange said walking towards him.

"Those two Titans shes talking about, I'm in charged of investigating them and I'd like you to help with tomorrow's experiments. I came to get permission".

"Experiments?"Eren questions.

"What would I be doing?"

"Something totally awesome"Hange said blushing like a maniac.

Eren stepped back and Norie came back and said "Stop scaring the poor boy, all of you"

Norie went to sit down next to Levi again and he places his arm behind her chair.

"Well, I can't give permission myself, I don't have the authority"

"Mom and Dad what's Eren doing tomorrow?"Hange asked Levi and Norie.

Norie shook her head as Levi closed his eyes and exhaled out of his nose.

"Cleaning the courtyard"they both said.

"Okay then! It's settled"Hange says happily.

She then grabbed erens hand and said " Eren see you tomorrow"

"Right, but what do you mean by experiments in Titans? What kind of experiments?"Eren asks.

"Honey no don't ask that-I knew it...I thought you looked like you wanted to hear..."Hange cut norie off.

"Goodnight"norie said and stood up and went to her room, seconds later, Levi following after her.

-------------------------

Norie stepped out of the bathroom after showering, she had a towel wrapped around her body and her hair was damped.

She grabbed her bag of clothes and placed it on the bed, she took out underwear and a tank top.

Then she felt arms wrap around her waist and felt pecks on her neck, she closed her eyes and enjoyed the warmth and feeling of the lips on her skin.

"That shower was nice, you should go have one"she whispered.

"I thought I was going to have one with you but I guess not"Levi says.

"I couldn't wait sorry, maybe tomorrow?"Norie says.

He nods and Norie says "okay let me go I need to get dressed"

"Do you have too? I mean this is fine too..."Levi whispers messing the the hem of the towel covering Norie's body.

"No we can't tonight"she says chuckling softy

Levi sighs and stepped back, he sat down on the bed as Norie changed, he looks at her and began "You know, when I first saw that Eren kid..."

She turned to him as he continues "I thought it was Jiro at first, the way he woke up reminded me of him when he was in the cellars"

Norie sighs and walks towards him, she sat down besides and grabbed his hand. Levi grabbed it and caressed his thumb on her knuckles.

"Are you feeling it again?"she asked softly.

He looked at her and nodded softly.

"You always tell me that it wasn't my fault, why can't I tell you that it wasn't your fault either? You weren't there, you didn't cause it."Norie says and ran her fingers through his hair.

Levi leaned his forehead on hers and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, he sighs and says "if I accept that it wasn't my fault...you have to think the same"

She stared back and looked down, she traced her finger on his palm and brought her eyes back onto him.

"Okay..."Norie whispers.

He places a hand behind behind her neck and placed his lips on hers, she relaxed and places her hands on his shoulders.