quatre vingt cinq

"Eren, answer me, who is it?"Norie asked more sternly.

"Captain..."he began.

He turned to her with tears in his eyes and said "it's Armin..."

Norie froze and she felt like her body was about to give up and fall on the roof. That can't be, she promised every single one of those teens.

Norie teared up a bit but quickly controlled herself and hugged them back.

"Things happen, but I'll make sure it won't repeat"

"I won't let anything hurt you okay?"
she whispered.

They all looked up at her and found comfort in her vanilla and lavender scent.

"Yes captain"

"Eren, don't lie to me"Norie whispers.

"I'm not captain!"Eren cried as the burnt body coughed behind him.

The boy turned to Armin and yelled "come on! Just keep breathing!"

Norie's heart started to beat against her chest as she tried to calm herself down and not break out in any sob.

"Armin?"

Norie turned around and saw Mikasa with the same expression and Eren yelled "Captain Levi! The syringe!"

Norie came to realization and turned to her husband and said "You have it on you right?"

Levi patted his pockets as everyone stared at him, norie looked at his face and then at Mikasa who was looking at Armin.

"Make Armin turn into a Titan! And we'll have him eat Bertholdt!"Eren says while grabbing him.

"Hurry up and inject him!"

Norie looked at Levi and prayed that he'd make a choice.

"Levi"She whispers.

He turns to her and sees her face, the same one she had when Jiro and their old squad died. It seemed calm but he knew that she'll break at any moment.

"Yeah"he says and grabs the case.

Norie heard a flare as she saw Mikasa had sent a red one flying up in the air, giving the others a signal.

Levi looks at the case and then starts handing it to Eren before a voice stopped them.

"Captain Norie! Captain Levi!"

They turned as they see Floch carrying someone on his back making Norie pray it isn't who she thought it was

"I finally found you, Commander Erwin is badly wounded! His stomach is gouged and his organs are demolished!"

Norie looked away quickly and clenched her teeth, Levi looked at her then back at Floch.

"The blood just won't stop, I thought that injection might be able to help, but...what do you think?"

Levi heard a sniffle come from Norie, but he didn't see her face since she was facing away from everyone and her arm was covering her face.

He pulled the case back making Eren look at him in shock.

The boy looked at Norie and said "Captain?"

She slowly turned to him as Eren froze at her red eyes but he couldn't see her mouth since it was covered by her arm.

Levi placed Erwin on the roof and checked on his breathing, He sighed and said "he's still breathing"

He turned to his wife and said "he's alive"

But that didn't change her position as she looked between Erwin and Armin.

Levi stood up as he looked at the case and said "I'm using the injection on Erwin"

Erens face turned to anger as he stood up and got into the side of his face, tears staining his face as Norie just stared.

"You said..."he began.

Norie sees Eren look at her too and say "you'd use it on Armin..."

Levi looked at him and said "I'm reviving the one who can save humanity"

Norie brought her arm back to her side and made herself calm down, she exhaled shakingly and looked behind her and saw Mikasa clutching her blade as she shook, having the same expression as Eren.

"You guys...do you have the faintest damn clue what you're doing?"Levi says.

"It's Erwin, the commander of the scouts. And you're saying to watch him die? There's no time for this, stay out of my way or Norie would use her abilities to push you out of it"Levi says.

Norie stared at them as Eren grabs the case and Levi says "leave your emotions out of this"

"Keep my emotions out?"Eren says.

"Tell me... How come you didn't hand over the syringe right away?!"

"Because I was considering the possibility Erwin might still be alive."Levi says.

"You couldn't have known Floch would drag the commander here! There's just no way you knew!"

"You're right but...The fact that Erwin is now here means I use it on him."

Eren stared at him and went to pull the case out of his hand but Levi sent a punch at him making Norie's eyes widened.

"Levi!"she yelled.

Then she felt herself be shoved to the side and Mikasa ran towards Levi and grabbed him by the neck and flung him down with the blade raised to him.

"Mikasa"Norie says staring at her.

"Hey!"Floch says.

"You should know as well as I do, Without Erwin's talent, humanity can't beat the Titans!"Levi says

"That's right, Mikasa! Let's stop with this madness already!"Floch says.

"Floch don't, not right now"Norie says with a serious face making him freeze at her expression.

"It's...not different if we lose Armin"Eren said.

"Hasn't it always been like that? He's the reason why we saved Trost by plugging it with a rock. He revealed Annie's identity, It was Armin who came up with the idea of moving at night! The only reason we uncovered Reiner's hiding spot...and the only reason we defeated Bertholdt..."

"Was all because of Armin!"

Norie had her head pounding in stress as she continues to look between Erwin and Armin.

"The one who's gonna save humanity isn't me or the commander! It's Armin!"

"Isn't that right Mikasa?!"Eren asked.

Mikasa stared and she went to pull on the case but Levi pulled back

She glared and said "please give it to me"

Norie stepped forward and placed a hand on Mikasa's shoulder, she looked at her and Norie just stared back.

"Honey...we can talk this through. I'm not saying who we should use it on. But we will not get through this if we just hurt others"

She stared at her as she thought how she calmed herself down? How the hell is she calm now?