Déjà Vu-Flashback Part 2

"we can't go"norie says.

"Captain-Our squad is on their way! We could wait!"

"Captain we can't-I suggest we go now Norie"she was cut off

Norie looks behind the scout and saw Keith

"But Commander, our squad are far and when they come back they'll see that we're gone-By the time they get to the other group they'll be in the route to go back to the wall, I've sent one scout to deliver the message you just received"he cuts her off again.

"Keith-Now norie"

She looked at Erwin, she clenched her jaw and then moved her horse to walk forward, Levi looks at her and then at Erwin and Keith.

"Hopefully you don't make her regret it"he says simply and followed his wife.

------------------

"Come on!"eld yells as he lead them to where their Captains should be, jiro looked around anxiously. He can't wait to go home.

The squad makes it to the spot but only found one scout which got them confused.

"Didn't the capitans say they'll be here?"Petra asks.

"Hey where is-What are you all doing here?!"a scout cut off Gunther.

"What do you mean? They told us to meet back here"Eld says.

"Wait are you the group that was in the west? Didn't a scout tell you? A group of abnormals were seen running towards here we have to go!"

"What scout-"Oluo was cut off by a body flying over them and it hits a tree with a horrific splat.

Jiros breath hitched and they all turned to look.

Their eyes widened as they saw the dozen Titans running towards them, 6 against 12. And they have only been to 3 expeditions, they just can't

"Go! Go!"Jiro yells.

They faced their horses forward and made a run for it.

"Shit! All of us are almost out of gas!"Gunther yells.

"We must out run them!"Eld yells back.

Jiro breathed heavily as he heard the stampede of monsters behind him, of course this wasn't his first expedition, but it wasn't also his 4th one. He kept telling himself that he'll get over it, but hell he's a 15 year old boy.

He felt his hearing weaken and he panicked, Jiro had suffered a hearing injury that involved one of the cannons, Hange wanted to show him one of her experiments but it just ended up with Jiro face planted on the ground with his ears bleeding. Norie screaming out in fear and Levi angrily putting Hange in a headlock as she yelled her apologies.

Jiro turned to look at the Titans and his heart was beating out of his chest.

"We gotta cut through! We'll lose them that way!"

The ringing in his ears got louder and Jiro groaned in pain and shut his eyes and held his ears.

"Alright come on! Jiro let's go!"Oluo yells.

They moved their horses but they didn't seem to realize that the 15 year old boy didn't follow.

Jiro felt the pain subside and the loud ringing went away he sighed in relief and then he looked up and saw that the others were gone and his eyes widened.

"Guys! Guys!"he yelled.

No no no.

Jiro started panicking but then remembered what Norie told him.

"Light the flare, I'll come find you"

---------------------------

Norie rode in silence as they headed back to the walls, she kept looking back and shaking her leg. Levi looked at her and sighed.

"They'll come back"he says.

"I know"she whispered.

Levi looked at his wife and noticed that she wasn't calming down.

"It's Jiro isn't it?"

She looks at her husband and she looked back down.

"Is it obvious?"

"I get it, he's young, and he shouldn't be out their doing this. But he has been trained by the most awesome captains"

Norie chuckled.

"Especially one"

She looked at him and he stares back at her

"They'll come back"

Norie placed a hand on his cheek and smiled softly and then they heard a group of horses behind them

"Captains!"their squad yelled as the rest caught up to them.

Norie and Levi stopped their horses and she smiled "oh my god, you're okay"

"We're okay"Gunther says as he smiles back.

Then norie looked between them and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Where's Jiro?"

"Jiro?"They said and looked around.

Levi took notice and asked  "Jiro where's Jiro?"firmly.

"I swear he was with us!"Oluo says.

"Well then where the hell is he?!"norie yelled.

Erwin heard the commotion and stopped his horse but ordered the rest to keep going, he headed towards the group and asks "what's going on?"

Norie closed her eyes and inhaled through her nose and says  "I'm going to get jiro" but Erwin stops her.

"You can't we just evacuated-I don't care! Jiro is out their alone!"Norie cuts him off with a yell.

"But-Where did you see him last?"she cuts off Erwin again and turned to the squad.

"East forest, near the exit"Eld says

"Norie-"she didn't let Erwin finish his sentence as she quickly rode out and went to go get Jiro.

"Levi stay-"Erwin began to say Levi followed after his wife.

---------------------------

Jiro reached for his flare but then cursed, how will she be able to see if I'm in the forest? The trees will cover the flare.

He heard the Titans grow closer and he looked at his gas and thought he had enough.

He looked at his horse and whispered " alright boy! Go! I'll find you when I get back!

Jiro jumped and hooked up to a tree and saw his horse run away out of sight.

His heartbeat quickens as he tried his best to stay calm, he felt like the forest is never ending and he'll never make it back. Every tree looked the same and every trail.

Jiro looked and saw that he had about two flares, he looked up and saw that it had cleared enough for him to light a flare.

He quickly grabbed it and his hands were shaking, and it was hard enough that he was currently using his gear.

Jiro gasped when he almost lost his grip on the flare gun but quickly catches it.

He then immediately shot the flare.