soixante six

The teens behind them cheered as norie turned to Levi with a slight smile.

"Looks like the gamble paid off"norie says and looks at Hange.

"Yeah, it wasn't just Erwin though. The lone choices of many managed to change the world"Hange says

"And I managed to kill the three people you loaned me"Levi says

"No it wasn't just his doing, but mine as well"Norie quickly said.

Levi placed a hand around her waist and he turns to Hange

"We're sorry"he says.

Hange doesn't say anything just gives them a light smile as Levi continues.

"The thing is, part of the Interior Police. Their leader, Eren, and Historia are somewhere else"

Norie felt her anxiety come back as she says "Levi...if we don't find them soon..."

He turns to his wife and pulls him closer to him as Hange holds a book up to them.

"I may have a clue about that"she says.

"Let's get their and put an end to this battle"

--------------------------------------

Norie sat next to Mikasa as Levi sits in front of her and Hange next to him.

"Hange, you might know where they are?"

"Yeah I'll explain"Hange began.

"Erwin gave me this Scout investigation report regarding Lord Reiss' land, Most of it has to do with an incident five years ago that shook up the Reiss' family"

"Five years ago?"Armin asks.

"Right, on the day Wall Maria was breached, I'll summarize the important bits from the beginning."

"As the Lord of territory, popular opinion of Rod Reiss wasn't all that bad. He had five children, and his eldest daughter Frieda was a down-to-earth girl. That even the peasants adored, but that night, five years ago. "

"Disaster struck, with the world having plunged into pure chaos. Some bandits raided and set fire to the only chapel around. Unfortunately, that night, the Reiss family was there praying together."

"And so, the whole family, save for the head of the house, Rod Reiss, was massacred that night by the bandits"

"And to top it off, this incident occurred just a few days before Historias mother. Who was killed by the Interior Police. In other words, immediately after losing his family he sought out Historia"

"There must be a reason he and his lackeys are after Historia"Hange says as Norie leans her arms on the wagons edge as she held her head back to look at the sky.

"The same bloodline? Is their some secret to their blood?"Levi asks.

Norie sighs and brings her head back and looks at Hange.

"I don't know for sure yet, but what makes me really curious is that part of the chapel are completely wrecked. The chapel itself is stone, it would take tons of time and effort to destroy it.  Bandits would take what they can and make a quick escape"Hange explained.

"Plus the only one who saw those bandits was Rod Reiss himself, soon after, he used his own fortune to rebuild the chapel"

"But why?"

"If you think about it, it's actually stranger that there were no traces of Titans. Even if I'm jumping to conclusions, something this suspicious deserves us checking it out."Hange says.

"Before the night is over, we'll have soldiers all over Reiss' land. Unfortunately, I doubt he'll be waiting that long. If we don't hurry and get there, Eren may end up being eaten."

------------------------------

Norie now sat next to Levi, they both talked about Kenny.

"Understand? He's Kenny the Ripper"Levi says

"If he's there, then he'll be our biggest obstacle to get pass by"norie says

"In terms of how much of a theater he is, equate him to me and Norie as an enemy. No, with those weapons of his. He's deadlier then us"

"Then he's unbeatable, at least for us..."Sasha says

"If we could meet up with the troops- absolutely not"Mikasa cut Connie off.

"I know, absolutely not! If we wait until morning Eren might end up getting eaten!"Connie says.

"Though, if what the captains said is true, it's not like he has no weak spots"Armin says

"For real Armin?"jean spoke out.

"Yeah, I'm sure he's trained plenty, but having combat experience is something else."Armin says

"I wonder, how is it that you both lived with Kenny the Ripper. But know almost nothing about him"Hange says to norie and Levi.

"Sorry, but we only found out his full name not too long ago"Levi says.

"Apparently, it's Kenny Ackermann."

"Is he a relative of yours?"norie asks Mikasa.

"I heard from my parents when they were alive that my dad's side, the Ackermanns, were persecuted in the cities."Mikasa began.

"My mom's family was Oriental, so being a different race meant they didn't fit in anywhere. Both were people chased deep in the mountains near the edge of the walls, so that's how they met and married."

"But I never found out why the Ackermanns were persecuted, My dad didn't seem like a different race like my mom was."she says.

Levi and Norie looked at each other and then back at Mikasa.

"Has there ever been a moment where it's felt like power suddenly awakened inside you?"Levi asks

Mikasa looks up at the couple and Norie already knew the answer.

"There has"

Norie sighs and says "Kenny Ackerman had a moment like that, too. One time, out of nowhere, he felt an absurd amount of strength surging within him and he knew exactly what he had to do."

"I've felt moments like that too"Levi says.

----------------------------------------

They walked into the chapel and started to look around with their light lamp, Hange says "found it"

Norie and Levi walk over to her and she says "erens gotta be in here with the enemy"

"Hopefully the layout in there is like I predicted"

Norie releases air softly through her nose and looks at the door on the ground

"Alright, we're good to go!"Armin says as he finished the "bomb".

"Are we?"Levi asks

"Is everyone ready to get their hands dirty too?"

Norie looks at the teens nervous expressions and she looks at Levi who says "guess so"