quatre vingt huit

"well up to speed?"Levi says as Hange and Norie walked back to where Armin and the others were.

Armin just sat their staring in front of him, he looked stunned and on the verge to puking.

"Are you telling me...the Scout Regiment...is the 10 of us here...and that's it?"

"For the time being, the fighting ended 4 hours ago" Jean spoke up.

"We've been looking for survivors but none yet..."

"S-So, we managed to seal the walls of Shiganshina....Norie almost died and got her abilities taken... Reiner, the Beast Titan, and one other escaped..."Armin recited.

"Bertholdt was captured...then their was a dispute...about using the injection on Commander Erwin or me...and..."

Everyone looked at him as he trailed off with a terrified look on his face.

"I turned into a Titan and...ate Bertholdt..."

Just as Norie predicted Armin gagged but jean quickly gave him water to calm himself.

After he was done he out the water down and looked at his lap before saying "why...did you pick me?"

"No matter how you look at it... Wasn't commander Erwin the right one to bring back?"

"Captains! Why did you give me the injection?"Armin says looking at Levi and Norie.

"Tch"Levi only said

Then he turned to kick Eren in the back and said "I told you to tell him everything"

Then Levi felt a pinch on his ear lobe and got pulled back slightly and Norie said sternly "and I told you to stop kicking these teens"

"I gave him a clear order Norie"

"Well you know how they are so why keep doing the opposite?"

They both stopped when the teens stared at them, they cleared their throats as norie spoke.

"Honey, the thing is, these friends of yours, didn't think that way"

"They stood up to me and Norie prepared to draw blood."Levi says

Eren and Mikasa look down, as Eren spoke up "we'll take whatever punishment comes..."

"You'll be disciplined for insubordination, but...Does taking the punishment allow you to do anything? "Hange says.

"No..."Eren says.

Norie nudged Levi making him sigh and say "however...the final decision to choose you was mine..."

"No, I chose this to be the place where Erwin dies."

"I don't understand, There's no way it's okay to let Erwin die...If the commander is gone, how... how will we go on?"Armin says.

"I agree. I thought it should've been used on Erwin..."Hange began.

"If we're being brutally honest, No... It's a shame we were put in that. position...
Anyways, Erwin entrusted Levi and Norie with the decision to use it."

"And they end up choosing you, there's nothing else to say, Erwin's life and a Titan's power rest on your shoulders. No matter what anyone says, that's part of who you are now, Armin."

"Does that mean... Ineed to be... Erwin's replacement?"Armin says

"No way...I can't"

"Don't get me wrong, you'll never be Erwin's replacement, but...I know you have a strength that nobody else has but you."Levi says.

"And we know you'll be greater in the future then you are now"Norie says.

"So...I won't regret my decision"Levi says as Norie nods.

"However, don't make these guys regret it"Levi says placing his hands on Mikasa and erens head.

Norie smiles lightly and places hers on top of Levi's.

"Nor anyone else"Norie says pulling her hands back.

"And don't regret it yourself either, that is your mission"Levi finished.

"Shut up"

Everyone turned to Sasha as she groaned in pain.

Norie shook her head and crouched down next to Armins right and fixed the blanket she's resting her head on and took her bangs away from her forehead to let the cool air freshen her up.

Hange chuckled and said "we're no match for Sasha"

"Well, being the successor of Erwin as commander of the Scouts, we're kinda on the same boat. From here on out, we'll have to grin and bear it."

"Right..."Armin says.

"Now then, If it's not a problem for Armin, we should get going. Levi, Norie, Mikasa, Eren and I will go investigate. You other four keep watch from atop Shiganshina's wall."Hange says.

"Eren, do you still have the key?"

"Yeah, right here"he says.

Norie gives a nod to the others as she jumps off the wall and used her hooks to land on the ground safely.

Eren and Mikasa landed in front of them as Hange and Levi landed next to her.

Norie looked around the town and got the eerie feeling, it's just something about abandoned places that always gave her the creeps. But right now, she knew what happened for it to lead like this. And she feels sad and creeped out

"Hey, where's your house?"Levi asked

"Right..."Eren said nervously.

The teens walked at the three adults followed them deeper into the abandoned town.

They continued to walk as they finally turned a corner and Eren and Mikasa stopped and looked at a house that had a boulder on top of it.

"Is this it?"Hange asks.

They walked towards it as Norie almost tripped on a piece of wood but regained her balance, she saw a bunch of books, toys, and rotten fruits.

"Luckily the fires didn't make it this far"Hange spoke up.

Norie walked back and saw the teens cleaning off some things off a wooden door that lead to the underground.

"Right here, under this are the stairs to the basement"Eren says.

Levi stands next to Norie and says "good"

After they had grabbed two wooden beams to take off a huge rock that was covering half of the door, they managed to take it off as it rolled behind into a pile of debris.

Eren quickly started to look for the handle, wiping off the dust and dirt until he found it. He pulled it and they all looked down at the darkness.

Hange comes up besides Eren with a flashlight and says "that's a relief, it's not filled with water"

Norie was about to walk first but Levi stopped her and said "I'll go"

He went down as norie followed behind and the others were behind her.

Hopefully they will find something helpful down here.