chapter two

"Didn't know I'd see you guys again so soon", Jeno says before his eyes land on Chenle. "And in my house."

The male rolls his eyes. "I told you they were coming."

"Yeah", he says, eyebrows raising as the attitude seeps into his voice, "when they knocked."

"Come on, you let Jisung be here."

"Because one, I know him, two, I don't have a choice."

Completely dismissing the first part, Chenle tells him, "They're not complete strangers. You met them yesterday."

Jeno exhales. "Whatever. Come in."

The three move into the living room and stand around, not knowing what to do until they hear a plop behind them. 

Haechans face burns from embarrassment, but he refuses to look weak so he grins at Jeno. "We're guests. We should make ourselves comfortable, right?"

Not bothering to answer him, he looks to Jaemin and Mark. "You guys can sit too."

Mark sits at the opposite end of the couch, leaving Jaemin to sit in the middle, hands on his knees as he sits up straight.

"This is awkward to watch", Chenle says from the living room entrance.

"I know, right."

Hearing their voices, Jeno looks back at the two. "You idiots get in here."

"Don't call him an idiot", they say in unison, moving near the couch.

Jisung seats himself on the armrest by Mark and Chenle leans against him, Jisung's hands on his waist holding him.

"Do you have, like, crackers or something?" Haechan asks, causing all eyes to go to him. "What? I'm hungry."

"Will I regret it if I tell you to help yourself?"

Haechan chuckles as he rises to his feet. "Probably."

After he disappears into the kitchen, Mark looks up at Jeno. "Um, do you have watermelon?"

The male's eyes twist in confusion at the question. "Yeah?"

Mark nods and slowly gets up before joining Haechan in the kitchen. Jeno looks at the boy still sitting on his couch. "You wanna eat too?"

Jaemin shakes his head. "No, it's okay."

"Go eat", the three males tell him.

Jisung and Chenle already know the male and how polite he is no matter what but even for Jeno, it's obvious he was just trying not to disturb him.

Jaemin walks into the kitchen to see Haechan eating from a bag of chips and Mark eating pieces of watermelon from a container.

"Hey Jaemin", Mark says, taking notice of the male.

"Hi."

Seeing as he's just standing there, Haechan rolls his eyes and drags him over to a cabinet.

"I already looked through everything. This is where all the sugary stuff is."
Jaemin slowly nods and looks at the cabinet, not moving.

He knows Jeno gave him permission and he feels slightly less guilty eating small snacks compared to his actual food but he still feels like he's crossing a boundary and debates on whether or not he should just go back to the living room.

"For the love of God!" Haechan snaps, opening the cabinet and taking out a pack of Oreos.

As Jaemin takes one of the Oreos and begins chewing on it, Haechan also places mini muffins, a family size chip bag, and kettle corn on the counter.