chapter one hundred and twenty three

"You three are okay, right?"

"That's the third time you asked us that."

"Because your feelings can change."

Jeno walks into the living room and backhugs his boyfriend and presses a kiss to the side of his face. "They're okay. Lele, Jisung, and Nina are really excited to see them."

"I like Nina", Affinity says.

"She likes you too. She sent us a text saying how cute you two are and she's happy she gets to spend time with Minjae too this time."

Haechan nods. "Right. I didn't think I'd actually be one of these parents."

"It's cute that you're so concerned but they're fine. They're literally going to be with your best friend."

Haechan nods again. "Right."

"Everything okay?" Jaemin asks when he sees the two.

"Yeah, it's just Haechans parent instincts kicking in", Minjae responds.

"Oh, I see."

At the sight of the lake, Johnny gives Jaehyun a look. "Should I take my leave now?"

Jaehyun rolls his eyes. "No. And it's not like we don't both have shorts."

"I know, I just wanna make sure you'll wear them and won't take them off as a method of seduction."

Johnny bursts out laughing at Jaehyuns betrayed expression.

Jaehyun splutters, "I-I wouldn't do that!"

"Just making sure."

"Do you really think I would?"

"With someone else, maybe."

"You're right", Jaehyun agrees, shocking Johnny. "If I wanted someone else and I thought that would work, maybe I'd try it but I don't want someone else. I want you and I'm gonna do things you like or that I think you'll enjoy. You're my only focus."

How can you say things like that?

Jaehyun worries when he feels the mood drop as Johnny stares at the ground and slowly releases the t-shirt he's holding onto the grass. When the male looks up at him, he doesn't feel any better.

"D-don't", Johnny sighs. "Don't say things like that."

"Why?"

"Because you're making me like you more and I'm still scared. If I wasn't so confused on how you suddenly like me, we'd be dating right now." Jaehyuns eyes widen, causing Johnny to chuckle bitterly. "Yeah."

A gush of wind settles over them, causing Johnny's hair to dance. Once it settles down, the male is left in the gleaming sunlight, distracting Jaehyun from their conversation.

"You look beautiful right now."

"What?"

"You look beautiful right now."

Johnny blinks, trying to fight back the heat creeping up his cheeks. Instead of responding to those words, he gently shoves Jaehyuns shoulders and points to the lake behind him. "Go in the lake before I push you in it."

Jaehyun laughs and then jumps in the lake, purposely splashing Johnny before hurriedly swimming away.

"Jaehyun, you ass!"

"You like me though!"

"Maybe that was a bad decision!"

Johnny raises an eyebrow when Jaehyun appears in front of him, grinning. "Splash me, then."