chapter one hundred and seventeen

What the hell is going on in this friend group?

"They're catching on."

"At least you know they're good friends."

"Mark!"

"Sorry!" Mark holds his hands up in surrender. "But seriously, why don't you just talk to them?"

"And tell them what?"

"That you wanna be treated like whoever it is you're jealous of."

"I would but they'd ask me who it is. Or worse, figure it out and I don't wanna hurt him." Shotaro pouts. "I love him." Mark pulls the male into his arms and hugs him. Shotaro sighs. "It would be so much easier if I didn't feel like this." He looks down at his lap. "That's not even all of it."

"Do you wanna tell me?"

"Not only is this person, like, our favorite person, but everyone chooses him. One time, I ended up mentioning how most of us have one person we're closer to but we all love each other, which isn't surprising, but", he pauses. "Hendery is my best friend because in a room full of people, he'll choose me."

"What makes you think they wouldn't choose you? That your friends wouldn't choose all of you?"

"There's an obvious difference when we meet up. We all greet each other...but the excitement is for him." He takes another pause. "I used to like one of them but he didn't pick me. He's still not picking me. I'm not interested but it's a stab when realizing that he's also choosing that person I'm jealous of."

Thoughts run through Marks mind, trying to piece together the information. Instead of questioning the male more, he just hugs him tighter.

"You have me too, okay?"

"Can I ask why you care so much?"

"That would be my fatal flaw." Mark looks down. "Um, I always care...a lot. And I'm always ready to be friends, I just...don't try sometimes. It took me forever to stop being completely awkward with Jisung and get closer to him."

"I think the fact that you care a lot, for people you love, and even for someone like me, that you're not close to, is one of the best things about you."

Mark smiles. "Thank you."

"I should be saying that to you actually."

"You don't have to."

"Oh, we're doing this now?"

Renjun caresses Sungchans hair and looks down at his hidden face in worry. "Is something wrong?"

"No", Sungchan mumbles.

"Then why does it seem like it? Are you mad at me?"

"No. I love you."

"I love you too. I just wanna know what's up with you."

"I'm just confused and maybe conflicted. And I don't wanna talk about it. It's fine, I promise."

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm. It's nice when I don't think about it and all of you help with that."

"Alright." Renjun pecks Sungchans forehead. Sungchan is glad the male can't see his face so he doesn't see him blush.

"How's you and Winwin?" Sungchan asks. He winces, knowing it's probably not the best thing to ask but at least, it sounds like him.

"We're good. He makes me happy. He's so cute too. Like, much cuter than he seems. I love when he blushes."