chapter one hundred and thirty eight

Shotaro nuzzles against Hendery, not noticing the amused smile on his partners face. Comfortable, he looks up at Hendery and finally sees his expression.

"What?"

"You're, like, so much cuter now."

Shotaro glares but doesn't have the heart to keep it up so he just holds Hendery tighter. "Whatever."

"Didn't get cussed at or anything, wow, I must really be your favorite."

"I thought you knew that."

"I do, I just like hearing you say it."

Shotaro locks eyes with Hendery. "You're my favorite."

Hendery grins, the sight being one of Shotaros favorite things. Then, without warning, Hendery grabs Shotaros face and attacks it with kisses, making Shotaro giggle. 

When Hendery stops, Shotaro realizes just how close they are and looks down, uncertainty swirling in his mind. Even with talking to Hendery, he still thinks his feelings aren't completely normal and he doesn't know what to do when he feels this way. He doesn't know what to say at this point. How is he supposed to explain that when he wants to be kissed, he'd prefer it be Hendery, that he wants him as close as possible, that he kind of wants to be overwhelmed by him, but in a friendly way?

"You're thinking too much", Henderys voice brings him out of it. "I would know, you usually don't think at all."

This time, Shotaro does smack him, making Hendery laugh. "Hey!"

"I'm serious though. You have your 'I think I love you too much' expression on."

"But I think I do love you too much." A pout forms on the males face and Hendery would find it adorable if it wasn't for the situation that's causing it.

"How can I get you to stop thinking that?"

Shotaro sighs. "I don't know. I just...I appreciate you. I love you."

Hendery hugs Shotaro into him and kisses his head. "I love you too."

"How do I make him feel better?"

"Where is he?"

Hendery sighs. "He went out with the others."

"You're doing great at being honest and shit, but I think you should try reassurance and like the most raw explanation of how you feel about him. He thinks he loves you too much so show him that you love him the same. You could also just grab his face and kiss him, that might work."

"Would Taro even want me to do that?" Jungwoo snorts. "Yes. He just thinks he shouldn't want that. kind of want that. Anyways, you talk to him and I'll talk to him."

"Is this really gonna help?"

"Oh, I'll make it work. Trust me."

"I trust you less actually."

"My mom told me to invite you over for lunch one of these days."

Alyssa nods and pecks Lenas lips. "I'd be happy too."

"Good. Warning, my dad said he's gonna try to be intimidating and then my mom knocked down his ego."

Alyssa groans. "Can't I just get a pass? Sawyer already talked to me."

"Sawyer threatened you?"

"Emphasis on the threat. He was like 'can I say something without you threatening to blackmail me?' and I said 'what?' and he said 'I'm not too worried, I trust you with Lena, but if anything goes wrong and it's your fault, you will face the wrath of me and my family'. Oh, I wasn't supposed to tell you this, whoops."