chapter eighty three

"I don't wanna be here", Jaemin mumbles, pouting.

"Me either."

"How nice am I supposed to be?"

"Oh God", Jaemin mutters. "This is gonna be a disaster."

"Oh, I may have forgotten to mention something", Jisung says to the group.

"What?"

"Jaemins grandparents don't like me."

"Even more reason not to like them", Chenle says.

"Hello there", Mr. Na greets, standing at the front of the house with his wife.

"Hi, Dad", Jaemin says, stepping forward to hug him and then doing the same to his mother. "Hi, Mom."

"Hi", Jisung says, hugging them as well.

"Jisung, move", Chenle says when he gets tired of his boyfriend being in the way, making the Nas laugh. Chenle hugs the pair happily. Haechan goes next.

Unsure of what to do, Mark just smiles at them until Arella holds her arms out, prompting him to hug her. Next to them, Marron hugs Jeno and then two switch.

"Ready to go in?"

"No", Jisung answers bitterly.

"We talked to them about that, Jisung, honey."

"And they don't listen."

Mrs. Na gives him and Jaemin looks of sympathy. "We'll stop them, okay?"

"Okay", Jaemin mumbles.

"Renjun?"

Renjun gasps at the sight of them. "Lele!" He practically throws himself into the males arms. "What are you guys doing here?"

"This is my grandparents house", Jaemin answers.

Renjuns eyes widen in realization. "You're the guy my grandparents kept trying to set me up with!"

"I wasn't told about that."

"Yeah, um, your grandma gave me your number once and told me to call you because she barely sees you."

"I wonder why", Jisung mutters.

"I'm so stupid though. I've seen family pictures but I didn't realize that was you, Jaemin."

Jaemin smiles, a bit awkwardly. "I wouldn't have assumed if it was the other way around."

"This is so cool, though. I'm so glad I don't have be by myself."

"How often are you here?" Jisung asks.

"They take turns hosting their parties. My presence is mandatory at my grandparents house and it's now mandatory here because everyone apparently cares about whether I'm here or not. And well, my mom just said she's tired of trying to explain why I'm not here to your grandma."

"I already don't like it here", Jeno admits.

Haechan nods. "I'm getting the feeling my mom would love it here."

"Oh, she would", Jisung mutters airily, moving forward. "Let's go and eat all the food."

You'd think seven guys serving themselves would be easy, right?

Wrong.

"Oh, no thank you, ma'am", Haechan says politely for the third time.

"Why?" She asks looking a mix of disappointed and hurt.

"I just-"

"He has allergies", Jisung cuts in, placing a hand on Haechans back and gently moving to the other side of him, making himself a barrier between the two.