chapter fifty four

After thinking about it, Jeno decides to focus on bettering his relationships before worrying about love.

He could ask Jaemin but something tells him to start with Mask first. And he knows that there's something he should talk to the boy about anyways.

                              Pumpkin

                                                                          Jeno
                                                                           Hey

Pumpkin
Hey

                                                                          Jeno
                        Whenever you're free, can
                        we...hangout or go on a date or
                        whatever

Pumpkin
Yes
Or whatever🙄

                                                                          Jeno
                                                               That's fair
            I just don't know which one you'd
            prefer. I'm fine with whatever makes
            you comfortable

Pumpkin
Well is whatever you're thinking of
more of a date or hangout to you?

                                                                          Jeno
                                 Hangout turned into date?
                 Look, it'll be a date but I have to do
                 something first

Pumpkin
Okay...
I'm free tomorrow

                                                                          Jeno
                                                                     Alright

The next day, after deciding a time in the morning, gets ready, mildly nervous about spending time with Jeno. It's even more nerve-wracking because Jeno said he has to do something first and he has no idea what it is.

"You okay?" Jeno asks when Mark gets in his car.

Mark nods. "I'm fine."

Jeno sighs. "Really?"

"I'm nervous but I'm fine."

Jeno nods in understanding and starts to drive. He turns on the music to ease the atmosphere.

After debating on it for the hundredth time,  Jeno decides to drive to the beginning of a trail that leads to hill that looks over part of the city.

When Mark sees where they are, he gives Jeno a questioning look.

"Don't worry", Jeno tells him. "There's just a hill."

Mark nods and follows him out the car. Jeno begins walking, make sure to stay in the same pace as Mark. They've spend time together before but it's still a bit awkward, especially when their arms accidentally brush against each other.

The walk is pretty short so they end up on the hall faster than Mark thought they would. He carefully follows behind Jeno, wondering what the point of this is if it's not just to admire the scenery.

Mark watches in confusion when Jeno puts a little distance between them and looks conflicted. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah", Jeno answers, not looking at the boy. "I don't have the best track record with you and this won't fix it but I think it helps if I talk about so before anything else, I want to tell you something."