chapter sixty three

"Why are we at Jenos house?"

"Guess."

"Please tell me that everyone brought me a gift."

"I told Johnny and Jaehyun not to let anyone in if they didn't have a gift."

"And Jisung threatened to punch them."

Chenle looks at Jisung. "Sometimes I wanna tell you not to threaten people but most of the time, I'm fine with it."

"From the way you're smiling, we can see that", Mark points out.

As they get closer to the door, Chenle asks, "Am I supposed to act surprised?"

"Nope. I told them that you'd probably figure it out or I'd tell you because suddenly being jumped out at while people shout at you isn't the most pleasant."

"It's really not", Haechan adds.

"You've had a surprise party before?"

"Yep. That's how I learned I hate them."

"Noted."

A door slamming in the distance gains their attention. Kun jogs over to them, a big gift-bag in hand.

"I'm so spoiled today."

"That's the point."

The group enters the house, all staying quiet as they walk to the living room where all their friends are waiting.

"SURPRISE!" They shout.

Chenle smiles at them. While everyone starts talking to each other, Jisung, Mark, and Jeno make sure everything is set up the way it's supposed to be so the pinkette can thoroughly enjoy his party.

"So who's this?" Chenle asks, smirking at Ten.

Ten rolls his eyes. "This is Yangyang."

"Happy birthday!"

Chenle eyes the male, finding him and his name familiar. "Do I know you?"

"Your name is Chenle, right?" The pinkette nods. Yangyang racks his brain until he figures it out and laughs. "Have you ever been on a blind date?"

The male gasps. "No way!"

"It was Chenle?" Ten exclaims.

"Oh my God, I'm finally meeting you in person."

"In person?"

"I've only seen him through a screen."

Noticing the excitement between the three males, their friends crowd around them, wondering what's going on.

"What's happening?" Jisung asks.

"This is um...the art guys best friend."

Yangyang raises an eyebrow. "The art guy?"

"Jisung can't remember his name."

"Is it on purpose?"

Jisung rolls his eyes. "I have nothing to worry about if I remember his name. I just don't remember."

"We have other things to do besides talk about the art guy!" Jeno shouts. "No offense, art guys best friend!"

"I have a name!"

"I know!"

"Let's eat!" Kun yells. "Birthday boy goes first!"

"His best friends are second!"

An hour later, after everyone is done with cake, Chenle gets led to a chair in the middle of the living room. His friends place all his gifts around him.