chapter forty six

Haechan is thankful that Jisung does nothing but cuddle him and give him kisses. Even when he starts crying, Jisung just comforts him and tries distraction, staying away from the romance subject.

Jisungs phone buzzes in his pocket so he checks it and sees that it's from Chenle. Figuring that it's the pinkette, Haechan lays on top of Jisung and closes his eyes so Jisung can have privacy without separating them.

                                                                     Chenle
                                                                       Jisung
                                                                       Jisung
                                                                       Jisung
                  Tell me what's going on when you
                  can

One and Only♥️
I think I know but Haechan hasn't
spoken about it yet
But it has nothing to do with Mark
so tell him not to think that way
Haechan just has stuff he's still trying
to heal from and it just gets in the
way sometimes

Chenle shows Mark his phone and watches the males face as he reads the text. Mark gives him his phone back when he's done, not look at him so he won't see how emotional he is.

"Mark", Chenle says softly.

Mark sniffles, not being able to hide anymore. A piece of Chenles heart breaks when Mark starts crying. Chenle moves him off his lap so he can hug him. The brown-haired boy climbs onto his lap, crying into his shoulder.

"It's not that", Mark mumbles when he finally stops crying. "Not just that. I'm scared that I'm not being more cautious. It's supposed to be a good thing but I wasn't cautious at all when I dated Annalise and that was one of the worst decisions I've made. I'm so scared. Kissing Haechan felt so nice and I loved that date. And I like spending time with Jaemin and then I'll end up liking Jeno. But there's three people to worry about and I feel like I'm already on the outside."

"Why?"

"They have Haechan in common. And Haechan and Jaemin like each other."

"You have him in common too."

"I know but I don't know how to trust them. I do a little bit but I don't want to. I wanna run away."

"I don't think they'll be like her. Running away always seems easy but that can hurt you too."

"What if I fall for them?"

"What if they fall for you?"

"Mark is with Chenle right now."

"Shit! What if he thinks this about him?" Haechan wants to cry again at the thought of hurting Mark, especially by the male thinking he's upset with him.

"I told Lele to tell him that it's not about him."

"Does he even believe that?" Haechan whines.

"I'm sure Chenle is helping believe it if he doesn't. Stop stressing yourself out and making yourself feel worse. You did nothing wrong."

"Why does it always feel like I do?" The brunet murmurs, tears hitting him at full force again.

Jisung rubs his back and shushes him, telling him phrases of reassurance. Jisung hates how hurt his best friend is and that he can't take away his pain, no matter how badly he wants to.

"You deserve good things, Cookie." Haechan trembles in his hold, letting Jisung know that this is what he needs to hear. "You deserve to be first place."