chapter four

"Oh, for once, a hangout with just us!" Jeno announces dramatically with a smile.

Chenle rolls his eyes. "Didn't know you were so clingy."

"I don't like you anyways."

"Says the one who never left me alone in high school."

"Everybody else was worse."

"Mark wasn't."

"I don't know about that."

"Oh come on, isn't it time you actually got to know him?"

"Am I not doing that already?"

"I give up."

Chenle flips him off when Jeno gives him his charming smile. He ignores him as he looks through the movies and games he has.

After a few minutes of silence, Jeno speaks up, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure. What?"

"Most people assume everyone is monogamous but you and Jisung just put four people together at once. Why?"

"We would've done it no matter how many friends we have. Maybe two of you will get along, or three, or all of you. We're not assuming, we just both have two single best friends."

"So it was really just because we're the only ones there? Like, you two didn't seem to think about our compatibility."

"I didn't but Jisung did. He said that he thought you'd all get along if you got to know each other. 'Jeno isn't hard to like' is what he said, you're hard to know. The first day you met, I worried because I know how you and Haechan are."

Jeno stays quiet, thinking of his friends and Jisungs words. Even though he has no idea what's going on in the males mind, Chenle still feels like Jeno could use a hug.

Which is greatly accepted by Jeno, who hugs him back, slowly tightening his grip as more emotions take over him.

"I know you're scared", Chenle murmurs. "I worry about you but I think they could be good for you. Especially Jaemin. But Mark as well."

"What if it doesn't go as great as you and Jisung want it to?"

"Then we apologize and support whatever you want for yourselves. You're always going to have me, Jeno. I just want more people to have the chance to see how am amazing you are."

Jeno nods into his shoulder. They stay in the hug for a little while longer before pulling away, but still staying near each other. Chenle holds up a DVD and a game, giving Jeno the option to choose. Jeno picks the movie, causing Chenle to grin.

"You're very cute, Jeno."

"Shut up."

"You're blushing!"

"Just put the movie in."

Chenle laughs loudly as he does as Jeno says.

Once he's put the movie in, he joins Jeno on the couch and smiles at him, only for a potato chip to be shoved into his mouth. Jeno bursts out laughing while his best friend tries not to choke.

"Fuck you."

"Don't you have a boyfriend?"

Chenle smacks Jeno, just focusing on the TV and the snacks near him. A few minutes later, a chip is offered in front of his mouth. Giving Jeno the side-eye, Chenle slowly opens his mouth, feeling relieved when he's not nearly harmed in the process.

The two continue watching the movie in silence, just taking turns feeding each other and sometimes bothering the other.