chapter one hundred and thirty seven

"You want us to what?"

Nina giggles. "I want us to hang out, what's so wrong about that?"

"It's bad enough I have to share you, now you want me to share you in the same space as him?"

"Please?" Nina asks, starting her puppy eyes.

"No!" Lace shouts and squeezes their eyes shut. "Your powers won't work on me."

"Please? For me?"

"Stop it."

"I'll make sure we have ice cream. Whatever flavor you want."

Lace opens their eyes, trying to keep a neutral expression. "Fine. What did Phillip say?"

"He agreed."

"Your blush tells me he said more than just 'yes'."

"He did say 'yes', just in a different way."

"Uh huh. Did you warn him?"

"About what?"

"Everything not to do in order for me to not hate him on the spot. He knows my pronouns, right?" Nina nods. "Does he seem judgmental? I'd like to eat my ice cream in peace. I'm also sensitive."

"I don't think he'll say anything but if he does, you can kick him out. I also told him that it takes time for you to be comfortable but you might say something to ease the awkwardness. I know it'll be a little uncomfortable but it shouldn't be bad."

"Fine, fine. Just know that this is one-hundred-and-ten-percent for you."

Nina smiles. "I'm aware and I love you for it."

"I love you too", Lace mumbles, trying to ignore the darkness their unrequited feelings is trying to pull them into.

But before Nina can question it, Lace smiles, continuing to pretend everything is okay.

"There's a guy in my living room!" Yuta calls out.

Ana chuckles. "Yuta, you're a guy too. And so are your husbands."

"We're your guardians, we're supposed to be here."

"Do you want to join us?" Blake asks. "We're just watching a movie."

Yuta eyes the arm he has draped around Ana and then grins as Doyoung and Taeyong enter the living room. "We'd love to."

Doyoung rolls his eyes at his adorable husbands who cuddle up together on the couch and don't spare the TV a single glance, looking at Ana and Blake instead.

"Any of you want anything while I'm up?" Doyoung calls from the kitchen.

Ana and Blake laugh at the way Yuta and Taeyong lists things off, the oddly-specific details only adding onto the humor of the situation.

An unamused Doyoung delivers their snacks and then looks at the two on the floor and sighs. "Ana and Blake, would you like anything?"

"Oh, I can get it", Ana says, starting to get up, only for a gentle hand on her knee to keep her in place.

"I'll do it", Blake says and quickly gets up to follow Doyoung.

Ana gives Taeyong and Yuta an expectant look, to which Taeyong forces out a scoff, "It's the bare minimum."

The girl sighs and turns back to face the TV right when Doyoung and Blake appear with a smaller set of snacks than what was given to Yuta and Taeyong. After everything is set down on the coffee table, Doyoung tries to gently maneuver behind Ana.