chapter sixty eight

Mark
Babyyy

JAEEEE
?

Mark
Stop that
You gotta match the energy, Jae

JAEEEE
🙄
I'm good :)

Mark
Heart boy

JAEEEE
Oh God

Mark
Baby, are you home?

JAEEEE
Yeah, why?

Mark
Open your door

A confused Jaehyun moves aside the curtain to his front window and peeks out to see Mark standing in front of the door. He opens the door and allows Mark to come in. The two stand by the door, staring at each other until Mark holds his arms out. Jaehyun didn't plan to break, but the offer is too tempting. He throws himself at Mark, making sure to keep them stable, and melts into his best friends embrace, inhaling the sweet scent that's always seemed to envelope Mark and feel the heat radiating from him.

Mark makes a quiet shushing sound as he holds the male. Jaehyun snuggles his head against the boys shoulder as much as he can, wanting every millimeter of comfort he can get. It's been too long since he's seen Mark, too long since he's experienced his best friends love and been held. It's been too long alone, even though it hasn't been that long at all.

Mark guides them into Jaehyuns room and leaves his friend to get comfortable while he gets Jaehyuns favorite teddy bear down from the shelf in his closet. When he gets it down, Mark smiles at it, recalling how Jaehyun ended up with the teddy bear. Him, Johnny, and Jaehyun were walking around the mall one day and ended up looking in a stuffed animal shop. Johnny and Mark were in heaven. Jaehyun pointed out that teddy bears remind him of Johnny. They looked around and found three identical teddy bears, all the same fluffiness, size, and dressed in the same electric blue short-sleeve shirt. Johnny was gonna get it no matter what and Mark suggested they get matching ones. For them, for their happiness, their smiles, the memories, Jaehyun got one too.

"I haven't seen Mr. Snuggles in so long", Mark comments, walking over to the bed.

Jaehyun takes the bear from Mark as soon as he has the chance and then points to the spot reserved for Mr. Snuggles.

"He's always up there."

"You should put a plaque in front of it."

"One of you...already did that." The mood drops down at the indirect mention of Johnny, bringing Jaehyuns mind back to why he wants comfort in the first place.

He scoots a little bit closer to Mark, restraining himself from putting all his weight into laying on Mark to hug him like he wants to. But Mark and Jaehyun have been friends for a long time, they know the things one doesn't say out loud.

Mark holds his arms, laying flat against the bed, knowing what Jaehyun wants to do. "C'mere."

That's all it takes for Jaehyun to plop himself on top of Mark, face resting against his chest. His arms land lazily around Marks waist, a newfound comfort engulfing him from this position.

Mark leans down and kisses his forehead, watching more of the tension disappear on his friends face through every action. He slips his fingers through the males hair and lightly plays with it, waiting until Jaehyun's fully relaxed to ask, "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"I ruined it", Jaehyun says through a sigh.

"You didn't ruin it. Didn't Taeyong tell you?"

"He did, but he was weird so-"