chapter fifty eight

"I'm panicking so much", Ten says.

"Honey, one thing at time", Jungwoo tells him, bringing over some black attire. "First, get dressed up until you feel like flirting with yourself, then focus on other things."

Ten nods. "Right."

"Did Yangyang tell you a dress code?" Darci asks.

"He said to wear whatever I want. And then I asked what he's gonna wear and he just said whatever he wants."

"How helpful", Jaemin mutters. "What do you feel like wearing?"

"I don't remember what makes me feel good. I'm comfortable in all my clothes but nothing for anything like this."

"Pick a color", Jungwoo says, mentally creating an outfit.

"Red."

Jungwoo's eyes land a maroon short-sleeve shirt. "Perfect."

"Oh my God, I'm gonna be late."

"Just remind him that he might die tonight and he won't say anything."

"Woo!" Ten exclaims, looking at his friend in distress.

Jaemin and Darci go over to him. Jaemin holds both of his arms, while Darci tries to calm him. "He's probably gonna come to the door, don't worry. And he wouldn't have agreed if he didn't wanna do this. I saw the texts, he's into you, I promise." Ten nods and takes a deep breath to collect himself. He holds his arms out and waits until his friends hug him. "I love you guys."

"We love you too."

The doorbell brings them out of their moment. The three turn to Ten and usher him to answer the door. Ten opens it and smiles nervously at Yangyang.

Yangyang smiles back and then looks him over, expression changing to one of surprise. "Whoa, you look good. This outfit seems new."

"I picked it!" Jungwoo calls out.

"You did great!" Yangyang calls back and then looks at Ten. "You ready or do you need a couple minutes?"

"I think I'm ready."

"Hold on!" Jaemin says, hurrying over to them. He smiles sweetly at Ten and gently pushes him back inside his apartment and then leads Yangyang away from the door.

"Oh, the threatening. Honestly, it's one of my favorite parts of my friends going on dates."

"Okay, well I don't feel like I need to worry. However, I will tell you that if something does happen, and is completely your fault, bad things will happen. I promise."

Yangyang nods. "I believe you. And I really hope nothing bad happens. Ten seems amazing from what I do know and I do feel kinda hopeful because he asked me out." Jaemin takes note of the smile threatening to spread across his face and the way he's staring at the ground, playing with the bottom of his jacket. "I'm excited", he admits, looking up at Jaemin.

Jaemin smiles at him. "He is too. Ten told us that you want to take him somewhere."

"Oh, yeah. I don't know if he's been but there's a pet cafe." Jaemin tenses at the mention of the place and tries to relax, hoping Yangyang doesn't comment on it. Yangyang noticed but ignores it, continuing. "So I want to take him there and then to the art museum. The new one. Do you think he'd like that?"

"He'd love it. That new art museum seems cool and Ten's mentioned it."

"Oh, good."

"I really hope you both have fun and things go the way you two want it to."