chapter forty two

Jaemin
              I'M GOING ON A DATE WITH MARK

Jisung❤️
WHICH IS WHY WE'RE OUTSIDE
OPEN YOUR DOOR

"Oh, thank God", Jaemin says when he finds his best friends on the other side.

"What did you guys decide to do?"

"Just a coffee date and walk in the park."

"That sounds cute as fuck. What are you thinking about wearing?"

"White t-shirt, jeans, heavy flannel, and converse?"

Haechan and Jisung share a look, trying to get a read on the others opinion.

Haechan turns to Jaemin. "That's definitely a fantastic idea but let's see if we can amplify that."

Jaemin and Jisung follow the male into Jaemins bedroom where Haechan immediately gets to work, looking through his clothing.

As Haechan gets closer to the back of his closest, Jaemin grows more and more nervous.

"What's wrong?" Jisung asks, noticing how tense his best friend looks.

"I'm nervous", Jaemin admits, knowing they'll think he's talking about the date.

"Then we got to really emphasize your attractiveness and you with your charm. You'll have Mark at on his knees."

"I thought of two completely different things."

"Baby!" Haechan exclaims, starling his friends. "Get your mind out of the gutter! And when you're actually on your date, you can put it back."

"I'm not saying kinky stuff to Mark!"

Haechan snorts. "Not yet."

Jaemin grabs a pillow off his bed and throws it at Haechan. Him and Jisung burst out laughing when it hits Haechan and then falls to the floor, letting them see his unamused expression.

"Okay, okay", Jisung says, holding his hands to shield him as he approaches Haechan. "Why don't we focus on picking an outfit out?"

"I'm gonna get a cookie", Jaemin mumbles, getting up.

"Haechan's right here", Jisung says at the same time Haechan says, "I'm right here."

"One I can eat."

"Haechans right here", Jisung repeats, earning the middle finger from Jaemin and a smack from Haechan."

After Jaemin gets a pack of cookies and goes back into his room, he finds his friends staring at a small pile of clothes on his bed and discussing their ideas.

He quietly moves to the head of the bed while he listens.

"What about a sweater over a button up?"

"What about a jean jacket over a hoodie?"

"Sweater vest?" Haechan asks after a moment of silence.

Another moment passes and they both shake their heads.

"What about a turtleneck?"

"Jaemin?"

Jaemins chewing comes to a slow as both turn to him. He covers his mouth while he responds, "Do I even have one?"

"I bought you one."

Jaemin racks his brain, trying to recall whatever turtleneck Jisung may be talking about. It comes to him once he remembers what mental outfit he'd planned with it.