chapter one hundred and six

"Stop moving, that tickles."

"But I'm comfortable."

Sam lets out a sigh and continues messing with Jenos hair as the male readjusts his position using her chest as a pillow.

"I should've known you preferred laying down than being the pillow."

"Feels nice", Jeno mumbles. "Makes me feel safe and loved."

"I'm sorry."

Jeno opens eye to look up at his ex-girlfriend. "I already told you it's okay. We were both insecure and sucked at communicating. I prefer this anyways, makes my boyfriends slightly less jealous."

Sam chuckles. "How'd they feel about the flowers?"

"Haechan looked angry and then decided he was going to get me flowers immediately. Jaemin gave me one on our first date so we could do creative journaling."

"That's so cute. I'm glad they take care of you." Jeno nods, accidentally tickling Sam again. "I said stop moving!"

"Stop being comfortable!"

"You know, you're the only guy I've had lay on my boobs and not to try to use me as a milk bottle."

"Sam!" Jeno exclaims, sitting up, half gagging.

"You finally exclaimed Sam and not Samantha!"

"My bad. Samantha!"

The girl rolls her eyes playfully, smiling. Jeno lays back down and tries not to think of what she just said.

"You know, I'm glad we're friends, Jeno."

"Me too. Even if you make me concerned with the things you say."

"You're just as bad as me!"

"What you say is worse."

"No, it is not!"

"Whatever", Jeno says and sighs in contentment. "You're not the one who has a comfy pillow."

"You're really cute, you know that?"

Jeno hums. "You're really pretty, you know that? I really hope you find a guy who's so much better than the guys you've been with. One who likes you, respects you, treats you well and makes you happy. I always wanted that for you."

Sam kisses his forehead and caresses his hair, staring down at Jeno fondly. "I really never deserved you, did I?"

"I think you did. And it doesn't matter if you believe me, you're what I wanted."

"I liked you too", Sam says softy. "For every reason your boyfriends love you. And that's many reasons."

"Thank you", Jeno says.

Sams face twists into confusion. "For what?"

"Caring about me, being my friend. I've always been scared of people leaving me. I thought everything was temporary so I didn't let you in. Even if it took a few years, we're friends again and I actually know how you feel. You're a really great friend, Sam."

"You're absolutely wonderful, you know that? Now sit up."

Jeno pouts. "Why?"

"Just because. Now do it." With an eyeroll, the male gets up and turns to the girl who grabs his face and peppers kisses all around it, making him giggle. When she's done, she pulls Jeno into her arms and hugs him, feeling so appreciative for the guy in her arms. "This friendship makes me really happy."

"Same."

Sam sighs dramatically. "A man of many words, how charming."

"Hey!"