chapter one hundred and fifteen

"Oh, I'm so sorry", the girl apologizes as she almost collides with Doyoung.

"You okay?" He asks.

"I've just had a really stressful day. Sorry for being late."

"Is whatever caused you to be late part of the reason that you're stressed?"

The girl nods. "Yeah. I have a ton assignments, I ended up giving my snack bar to a dog, and some jerk almost ran me over at a crosswalk. And I had to dodge a bunch of people when crossing at the next crosswalk and they all gave me dirty looks. And the main reason was that the bus was late."

"Are you okay? And what an asshole."

"I'm fine. I should go clock in."

"Do that and then sit down and eat something."

"What?"

"You didn't get to eat and you know a snack bar isn't that filling. Eat first."

"It's really okay-"

"I'm not letting you work until you eat."

She doesn't bother arguing and goes to clock in. When she comes back out, Doyoung points her in the direction of a table with food on it and a cup of her favorite drink. She smiles gratefully and goes to eat.

Unbeknownst to her, her coworkers start talking about her. "Why is she eating?"

"I saw her talking to Doyoung. She must've bribed him or something."

"What a lazy ass, refusing to do her job."

A laugh startles them, the two becoming horrified when they realize it's their manager. "It's funny you're calling Ana a lazy ass when neither of you are doing your jobs. I also don't remember one of the necessary skills to work here being how well you can talk crap. Ana is eating 'cause I told her to. Notice how I never have remind you two to eat 'cause you remember it very well." Doyoung almost laughs again at how scared they look, holding back a smile so he can glare. "Get back to work and if you act like Gretchen from Mean Girls again, you're fired. I'm not paying you to act fifteen and stupid."

One of the chefs nearby chuckles, catching Doyoungs attention. "Love when you do that. Though, you seem quite protective of Ana."

"You know I'd be like this if it was anyone else. But Ana is having a hard time. She doesn't need this bullshit."

The guy nods. "You're right about that and she's honestly better at her job then those two are."

"I know."

"Hey Nina!" Chenle calls.

"Hm?" She peeks out of her room.

"Is this your money on the counter?"

"I used the last stick of butter and shredded cheese so that's money to replace them."

The male looks at her perplexed and then hands it back to her. "Keep it. You don't have pay us back for food or anything. We'll just buy more, it's okay."

"Are you sure? I know you said I won't put you and Jisung out but it'll start to add up and I figured you'd want me to help out if I'm gonna be eating your food or whatever."

What kinda bullshit-

"This has, unfortunately, happened before, hasn't it?" Nina nods. "Well, it's not anymore. You're the child here, you don't have to pay for anything. Even if it's just a want item and not a need, you don't have to pay for that either, unless you want to. Just relax here, okay?"