chapter one hundred and eighteen

"Why is he here again?"

"Because I wanna be", Doyoung answers, causing Jaehyun to roll his eyes.

"Ignore him", Taeyong tells him, causing Doyoung to gasp dramatically. Taeyong grabs Doyoungs face and presses a kiss to his lips and then smiles. "There."

Doyoung smiles softly. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Jaehyun, I'll go if you want me to."

"You can stay. I could use the advice. Just keep this between us, alright?"

"You'd be amazed at the things I know about the people in our friend group. Go on."

"Do you already know about the civil disagreement?"

"I know that it happened."

Jaehyun sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "I don't even know what was going on. I mean, I've been stressing about Johnny because I'm liking him more than I normally do and I can't just tell him that and he knows something's up and it bothers him that I'm not telling him. It makes sense but I just don't want him upset with me and I don't want him to choose someone over me."

"Okay...so what exactly do you need help with?"

"How do I get things back to normal and express my interest in him?" Jaehyun groans and drops his hand into his hands. "I hate this."

"What?" Doyoung asks in amusement. "Admitting your feelings?"

"It's just weird with him."

Taeyong chuckles and rubs Jaehyuns shoulders. "It's okay. Your feelings are normal."

"Oh God, this reminds me of when I came out."

"Wait, what happened?"

"I told my mom that I like guys too and she was like, 'honey, I just want you to know your feelings are completely normal and valid' and then she asked if I liked Johnny or Mark."

"They always get so nosy. My mom never asked directly, she just asked if I liked this person and then, another time, she was like 'you really like Jeno, don't you?' and I assumed she meant it platonically so I said yes in confusion and then she was like 'what about a date?' and I asked her if she wanted to ask me something and she said no and that she loves me."

"Doyoungs mom is so nice."

"She teases me so much."

"Yuta loves it."

Dana knocks on the open door and then sticks her head in to look at the girl sitting on her bed. "Minjae?"

The girl removes her headphones and puts them around her neck. "Yes?"

The woman smiles. "I don't know if you're familiar with that local designer Renjun but he reached out and offered to do a photoshoot so I can update your profiles. And he said he'll do makeovers for free."

"Oh, that's really nice of him."

"It is. Anyways, him and his assistant are coming in today to plan out and I was hoping you'd show them around."

"Oh, sure. When are they coming?"

"About two. I'll make sure the others are behaved to make it easier."

"Alright."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

As Dana said, at two o'clock, Renjun and Lena walk into the orphanage and get greeted by Minjae and all the other children nearby.