chapter ninety six

Jaemin calmly moves along to the music blasting from his speaker set on the counter, hidden away from where he's mixing ingredients to make Jisung and Haechans favorite treats. He plans to make chocolate chip cookies but he's not sure if they're more for Haechan or Jisung, considering they both scarf them down like they've been starved.

Currently, he's working on the pink cupcake batter. It's past Valentine's day but he's never needed to be told when to show love. The batter gets mixed pretty quickly so then he does his best to separate it into the cupcake liners in his muffin pan. It's still a little messy but he doesn't care, not really having time to.

Once those are in the oven, he gets started on his cookies. Chocolate chip is fairly simple as he's made them plenty of times but it takes him a moment to create the next cookie dough, trying to use a recipe but make it into something different at the same time. He makes the brownies and then he's done, oven filled with desserts.

Jaemin shakes off his arms, feeling hot from being in the warm kitchen, despite being in a dark blue cropped tank top, short black textured shorts and a yellow and pink apron that he absolutely adores. It's also the only part of his outfit that Haechan would expect him in, unfortunately.

He doesn't dwell on it, getting started on the different frostings. If these were for him, he'd just make frosting for the cupcakes and a little bit for his custom made cookies but they're not for him so he'll do what his best friends like.

Jaemin is glad that Jisung texts him five minutes before their arrival, giving him time to hide his outfit. He'd set out a regular length tank top beforehand and quickly goes to swap out the shorts. Since he doesn't feel like changing, he puts a pair of sweatpants over his shorts and hides away the cropped shirt. He rushes back to the kitchen, wanting to get as much done as he can.

One minute later, there's a knock on the door. He answers it right away and smiles. "Hi!"

Jisung chuckles at his cuteness and pulls him into a hug. Jaemin kisses his cheek and pulls away before Jisung can kiss his head. He does the same thing to Haechan and gestures for them to come in. As soon as they enter the kitchen, they see all the desserts laid out over the countertops.

Haechan gasps happily, feeling very excited to eat them. Jisung is the same, especially because of the cute name cards Jaemin put on each tray, naming them and explaining why he chose them. His eyes linger on the pink cookies Jaemin named 'I Love You Cookies'. He reads the card and picks it up to see the description even closer as it lists the ingredients.

Vanilla cookies with milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, crushed Oreos, dyed pink, and decorated with hearts, Oreo crumbs, and sea salt

Jisung flips it over.

I love you

"Baby", Jisung says, staring at the card with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Yes?" Jaemin asks, getting worried.

"Did something inspire these?"

"Maybe."

The boy holds his arms out but Jaemin stays in place and gestures for Jisung to go to him instead. The male rushes at him and jumps into his arms.

"Thank you so much", Jisung says into his neck, tearing up from how much he's feeling. "I love you."

"I love you too, Jisung."

"Hey, don't leave me out!"

The two laugh when their best friend joins, all three snuggling into each other with the hug. They all break away at the same time. Haechan grabs Jisung hand and squeezes on it.