chapter thirty one

Haechan raises an eyebrow when a group of familiar people enter the donut shop. Chenle and Jaemin smile happily, followed by an amused Jisung, Jeno, and awkward looking Mark.

"What can I get you?" Haechan asks, plastering a very fake smile on his face that makes Mark and Jisung laugh.

Haechan tries not to burst out laughing when the three males dramatically step back and gesture to Chenle and Jaemin.

After he gets their donuts, writes down a few of their milkshake orders, and gives Jeno a bottle of orange juice, he rings them up and watches in amusement as they all try to figure out how they're going to pay.

"Okay, I'll just pay", Jaemin volunteers.

"Absolutely not", Chenle and Jisung say in unison.

Jaemin pouts, only getting noticed by Haechan who lightly chuckles and offers him a smile.

"Okay, I'm literally gonna smack all of you, let me pay", Jeno says in attempt to end their argument.

Chenle instantly shuts up and gestures to the register, grinning when his best friend rolls his eyes.

"Is Jaemin okay?" Mark asks when he sees Jaemin cringe at the total.

"It's just his insufferable urge to spend money", Jisung answers, waving it off.

He grins at Jaemin who glares at him. His expression quickly turns to fear when his best friend takes a step forward.

"I'm sorry! Don't hurt me!"

Jaemin smirks and pretends to think before moving away from Jisung and back to the counter.

Jisung gasps dramatically. "Oh my God, I almost died."

"He didn't even do anything."

"But he could've, and that's the scary part."

"Don't mess with Jaemin", Haechan adds, not looking up from the drink he's making.

When everything is done, Haechan comes out from behind the counter and sits at a table near them, folding boxes so it looks like he's working.

"Do many people come in here?" Mark asks.

"No. I love it."

Mark takes a sip of his drink, nodding. "Oh, this is really good."

"Mine too, Cookie."

Haechan looks down and clears his throat so they won't see him blush. "Thank you."

Oh, I wanna kiss you, Jaemin thinks, feeling disappointed that he can't.

"Can I ask you four a question?" Chenle says, getting all of their attention. "Just asking, would you four ever go on a date gain now that we've got everything settled?"

The four boys avoid eye contact with each other, trying not to let their blushes show. The couple tries to hold in their laughter but the sight is just too amazing. Chenle lifts his phone up, Jisung following.

"You two love this, don't you?" Jeno asks.

"Yes."

"So is anyone ever gonna answer?" Haechan asks quietly, feeling awkward from the attention. "Um, I don't mind but it's okay if you don't want to."

"I don't mind either", Jaemin says, avoiding eye contact with everyone.

"Um, me either."

"Stop looking at me like that, I don't mind either."

"Should we redo the first one?" Haechan suggests.

"We could."

"Do you want me and Jisung on standby again?"