chapter one hundred and thirty two

"You promise you're really okay with this?" Alya asks her best friend.

Haeun nods. "I promise. I really, really don't mind it."

"How are we supposed to hide what we're doing?" Ana asks.

"I feel like these two could help with that", Minjae says, looking at the youngest two.

"We'll distract them."

"Okay, for today, we just need them to spend the day with each other. We can get more obvious later."

"Yuta told me that most of them are going out as couples so I think we can keep them away from everyone."

All eyes turn to Haeun who had begun to text while Ana was typing. "What are you doing?"

"Sending Sungchan a list of books on Renjuns TBR and telling him to pick him one and buy both my dads a dessert as a surprise. Winwin doesn't do much so I don't know what to say for him."

"It's probably a good thing he didn't hear you say that."

"I didn't mean it like that. I don't know, I'll think of something later." Haeun runs through the plan in her head. "Are we missing anything?"

"Nina, any input?"

All eyes go to the teen, making her feel slightly awkward from the attention. "I was thinking and I remember being told that Jisung and Jeno love flowers so for something sweet and not too out there, Sungchan should give both him and Renjun one. And because they probably won't know, let's suggest the most romantic one there is."

"So, a rose?" Reese asks.

"No, orchid. They symbolize luck, hope, and love, and the three of them need all they can get."

"Perfect."

"Were you okay yesterday?" Mark asks, looking at Jeno in concern.

Jeno nods, unconvincingly. "I just...have any of you felt like you couldn't relax? Like you didn't have a reason but you were just so stressed about something you couldn't name."

Haechan chuckles without humor. "A lot. I always try distracting myself, which didn't always work but that's just what I do. Do you feel better now?"

"Yeah."

"Is there a chance it had to do with us letting the kids do their thing separately?"

Jeno nods again. "Maybe. My head was a mess yesterday. Cuddling helped."

"We were more than happy to cuddle you", Jaemin tells him.

Haechan gasps, earning their attention. "Puppies!" The four coo at the puppies in the window of a pet store. Once they begin to walk away, Haechan says, "I'm surprised I didn't get myself a puppy."

"Which didn't you?"

"I knew I'd be a bad owner. I didn't take much care myself much and sometimes, it's still a little hard but when I stopped myself before, I was having a hard time and didn't wanna do anything. I also know it's hard work but really, I just wanted my hypothetical dog to be happy."

"What about now?" Jeno asks curiously.

"I'd fight our kids to cuddle with the dog. And Jaemin."

"You wouldn't win."

"You're too lovable, it's unfair."

"You're lovable too, Cookie", Jaemin says pulling him into a hug and whisper, "I know that sometimes you don't believe it."

Haechan kisses Jaemins cheek and intertwines their fingers and then does the same with Jenos.

"Let's go. I'm excited."