chapter one hundred and twenty one

"It's your birthday!"

Nina chuckles. "I know." Her soften as she looks at her best friend. "I can't wait to see you."

"Same here, precious." Nina smiles at the nickname, which makes Lace smile back. "Oh, have you eaten breakfast yet?"

Nina shakes her head. "They're making it right now. I was told to stay in here while Chenle makes it."

"What is Jisung doing?"

"If I leave my room, he'll pretend like he's not going over stuff for my birthday. According to Lele, he's been doing that all day. I hope it's not stressing him out."

"He's probably nervous. Chenle could be too and he's just hiding it. I know for a fact that they want your birthday to be magical." Lace smiles. "Just like I do."

"I love you."

"I love you as much, my darling."

Just then, there's a knock on Ninas door. "Come in!"

Nina gasps at the tray of food Chenle is holding and grins when gets placed over her lap. She grins up at the two, just in time for Jisung to take a picture.

"Happy birthday, sweet roll."

Nina and Lace laugh. "Thank you", Nina tells him. "And Lele, thank you for breakfast, it looks delicious."

"Show me!"

"Hi Lace!"

"Hi Lace! Good morning."

"Hi! Good morning!" Nina shows Lace her breakfast and her best friend gasps. "That looks delicious. Damn-I mean, dang." Lace chuckles awkwardly, making Chenle and Jisung laugh.

"You can cuss, Lace, we're not gonna stop you."

"They let me cuss too", Nina adds to reassure them.

"Oh, okay. Well, like I was saying, damn, I want that."

"Just have your next sleepover here and I'll make it again."

Laces eye widen. "Really?"

"You're so cute", Nina blurts, which causes them to blush and mutter out a quiet, "you too."

"You two are adorable."

"I think you mean Nina", Lace says at the same time Nina says, "I think you mean them."

Lace gasps dramatically. "Copier."

"Actually, you're the copier." Right as Lace starts to argue, Nina adds, "It's my birthday."

Lace bites their sandwich angrily and then smiles sweetly at the camera.

"We'll let you two finish having breakfast and taking. Cake, be ready by two."

Nina nods. "Okay."

"Do you think she'll like our gift?" Affinity asks Reese.

"I hope so. We asked everyone what Nina likes and we got one of those things. Plus, we have the card too." Reese shudders. "I'm never doing that again."

The younger girl frowns. "But I want a card like that."

"You're the exception, obviously. And Ellie but just you two."

Affinity smiles and hugs Reese. "Thank you!"

"Is a cute moment happening?" Jaemin asks, peeking into the room.

"Everything with them is a cute moment",. Haechan responds, appearing in the doorway.

"Are you gonna take a picture again?"