chapter forty seven

"What are we doing this time?" Jeno asks in amusement.

Mark rolls his eyes. "You act like this is all me. I had you give me options."

"And I still don't know, Pumpkin."

"Okay, no."

Jeno shoulders shake with laughter as he looks at Mark's display of protest. "You shouldn't have denied it."

"Goddammit."

Jeno chuckles and then looks to get a clear view of where they are. Shouting in the distance gets his attention. And the he turns to Mark after he hears the trunk slam.

"A skatepark", Jeno says in disbelief.

Mark nods. "Yeah. I always saw you super happy when we went. Like, it seemed like nothing could take our your happiness."

Jeno crushes in Mark in a bear hug, feeling so appreciative of the male. But along with it is the guilt.

"I am so sorry for how I treated you before", he mumbles.

"You already apologized."

"That doesn't mean I stopped being sorry."

"Jeno, it's fine. Really."

Jeno pulls away so Mark can see him shake his head. All Marks words die in his throat when Jeno gently takes his face in his hands.

"Mark, I am really sorry for how I acted before. I promise that I really, really want you my life and whatever I can have you." Jeno chuckles when he realizes what he's about to say. "And I never told you this but I think you're really fucking cute. And you're a dork but in, like, the most adorable way possible."

Mark grins and then shocks the boy by attacking his face with kisses, getting the reward of hearing the male giggling and seeing his cute eye-smile.

When Mark releases him, Jeno looks away, trying to hide his blush. While Jeno recovers, Mark places a skateboard into his hand takes Jeno's other to lead him to the skating area.

Jeno breaks away from Mark as soon as they meet the precast concrete. Mark smiles at the joy on the males face as he goes down the ramp. Mark follows after him, a little less confidently.

Though this is way less scary than the other things Mark is scared of, he still gets nervous every time he goes down the ramp. He's learned tricks before but he can't think of any of them.

"Hey", Jeno says, voice and hand on Marks, breaking him out of his thoughts. "You okay?"

Mark nods, though the uncertainty shows on his face.

"Want help?"

Mark shakes his head, just focusing on the skateboard, hoping that it'll distract from the uncomfortable feeling settling in him.

Jeno isn't sure what to do but he assumes Marks silence means he's just gonna do his own thing. Unsure of the mood, Jeno doesn't stray far from Mark but does his best not to look at him.

The two stay for a while before deciding to leave. Mark grins, his mood already improving from the other thing he planned for Jeno.

"Should I be worried?" Jeno asks.

"Of course not."

"Your apartment already?"

Mark rolls his eyes. "Shut up."

Jeno grins from behind him and follows him to the living room. "So, what are we doing here?"