chapter eighty

"Pumpkin, I'm literally shaking."

"Please try not to freak out. If anything happens, Jisung could take him and my mom could take Kaley."

Mrs. Lee shrugs. "I could."

Jenos eyes widen so much they look like they're gonna pop out of his head. "That doesn't help!"

Mark looks at the five males on his couch. "One of you has to know breathing exercises, right?"

"Oh, we have that in common", Haechan says, pointing to Jisung and Jaemin.

Mark looks at Chenle. "Is that something we should sorry about?"

"Yes", Haechan, Jisung, and Jaemin answer in unison.

"Don't worry, Jeno", Mr. Lee says. "Mark and Clara have always served as the family voices of reason. We're just as protective of Mark, if not more, than our son is so if we're fine, he'll be fine."

"There's still that cousin who also wants to punch me."

"You have a whole week to worry about that."

"What?"

"Okay, we're not helping", Mark tells his parents."Let's let the professionals handle it."

The ringing on the doorbell bell five minutes later reverses any possible progress the three made in calming down Jeno.

While Marks family goes to greet those at the door, the rest of them stay in the living room, doing their best to shield Jeno from Donovan.

"Donovan!" They hear Mark exclaim.

Donovan wraps his brother in a big hug, holding him up. When they let go, Marks parents are finally able to hug their oldest while Mark hugs his sister-in-law.

"Mark!" She says, smiling happily as she embraces him.

"Hi sis", Mark mumbles against her.

"I always love when you call me sis." Mark laughs but the humor dies down when Kaley pulls back to grip his shoulders and give him a stern look. "I am a little confused though."

"Don't tell me you seriously forgot about me", Chenle says, pretending to be upset as he looks at the family.

"How could we forget forget someone whose gone through every color of the rainbow for his hair?" Marks dad asks.

Chenle gives him an unimpressed look and holds out his arms. He jumps when squeals break out among the other parents. He pulls back to locate Donovan and sees he's slowly getting closer and closer to where Jeno is.

"How come I haven't seen your boyfriends yet?"

Fuck!

As soon as the introductions start, Mark is away from the parents and right back to his place guarding Jeno.

"Oh, there they are!"

"Hi", Jaemin greets, smiling shyly.

"H-hi", Haechan says, awkwardly, squeezing his best friends hands to help him deal with the attention.

"Hi."

"I'm Jaemin. It's nice to meet you", the boy says.

"Same here. Oh, um, Haechan."

"Hi, I'm Jisung."

"Jeno."

"Long time no see."

Jeno can't possibly be more hidden behind his friends than he already is but he still tries to blend in with the couch.