chapter eighty six

Jeno narrows his eyes at the movie set-up and stack of blankets and pillows waiting to be constructed into a fort.

"Pumpkin."

"Hm?" Mark asks, looking at him for a second and then going back to organizing the blankets.

"You tryna' tell me something?"

"Hm?"

"Does this...", Jeno gestures to the living room, "not remind you of something?"

"Jeno, if I'm supposed to be thinking of something, just tell me."

"You and Princess."

"This isn't the same thing. Oh, crap, I just remembered that I owe him a wish."

"I'm sure you'll be fine. He'll probably make you buy him candy or something you'd do anyways."

"That's the safe option, but I'm sure Jaemin will find a way to make it worth his while, that's not just something I'll do anyways."

Jeno nods. "Good point."

"Did you figure out how we can make sure it doesn't fall? Me and Lele did this once but I forgot what he did. He also didn't let me do much so I wouldn't ruin it."

"Are you worried you're gonna ruin this one?"

Mark shrugs but mumbles, "A lil bit."

"It'll be okay", Jeno assures. "First we need chairs to hold it up. Would it make you feel better if you just decorate or do you not care?"

It takes Mark a moment to answer, worrying Jeno. So much that he joins him on the floor and takes both of his hands in his, receiving no reaction from the male.

"I feel weird", Mark admits after a few more seconds.

"About what?"

"I don't know how to explain it, but it's like I'm now just realizing how unsettled with myself I am. And how insecure, I guess." Mark thinks for a few more seconds and then shakes his head. "It's fine, let's just move on."

"Pumpkin", Jeno says softly but sternly. "I know you can't see it and you don't believe me but you're perfect." Mark starts to shake his head but Jeno blocks him with his hand, holding his head steady. "You are. First off, everything about you is cute." Mark cracks the smallest of smiles, motivating Jeno to continue. "Your smile is cute, your rambling is cute, your reactions are cute, the way you look when you're blushing is cute, how much you like affection is cute. Even if you said you think you rarely want it. You're so pretty. Like the way you see things, it's beautiful and you're just the kindest, warmest person. You're so cozy."

At Marks apparent smile, Jeno grins and decides to top it all off by attacking him with kisses, knocking Mark backwards. But Mark is too busy laughing at the constant pecks to give any care to the male laying on him. It's not like he minds anyways.

When Jeno is sure Mark feels better, he moves off of him and pulls Mark up beside him into a sitting position. He waits a few minutes and then brings their attention back to the pillow fort. Jeno puts on music to further improve the mood. Once they're finished, they get all the snacks and lay in it with Mark resting against Jeno. Every once in a while, he'll rub his face against his boyfriends neck. That mixed with how adorable Mark looks reminds Jeno of a kitten.

"Thank you for helping me feel better", Mark mumbles to his skin.

"I'm just saying what any sane person would say."

Mark laughs. "S'a good way to prove your sanity."

Jeno nods against his head, holding him close. "It is." He only plans to kiss Marks forehead but then he takes notice of the way his face is squished against his body and kisses the cheek facing him and his nose too. Marks reaction to the nose kiss, just blinking in happiness, reminds him of a kitten even more. "You remind me of a kitten."