chapter forty one

"Jeno!" Haechan exclaims when the male appears in his apartment.

Jeno chuckles at his grabby hands and goes to hug him. He should've known that Haechan would keep him in his arms and drag him down onto the couch to cuddle him.

"You don't wanna see what snacks I brought?"

"Cuddling first. You can pick the movie."

"Alright."

Jeno stays within Haechans grasp as he reaches onto the coffee table for the remote and the bag of snacks. He gently flings the bag onto Haechans stomach, making the brunet glare while he just smiles.

Once Jeno puts the movie on, they distribute the snacks across their laps. A quarter through the movie, Haechan decides that he wants to be cuddled so he moves to the other side of Jeno and leans against him as he places one of Jenos arms around his shoulder.

Haechan loves the feeling of being snuggled up against Jeno and he kinda wishes this would be a romantic setting instead of a platonic one.

Jeno stays extremely still while he deals with the weight of Haechan against him. The male is warm and seems so comfortable and Jeno feels comfortable, if not for his heart beating a mile a minute.

Farther into the movie, Jeno feels a hand on his thigh. He looks down then at Haechan and sees the boy is distracted with popcorn.

It's fine, Jeno tells himself. It's fine

Slightly distracted with his thoughts, Jeno doesn't catch what the person on TV says so it startles him when Haechan speaks.

"You'd be hot enough."

"What?" Jeno exclaims.

"For a blind date. I mean, to that lady's standards since she's being a bitch."

"Oh."

As the two go back to focusing on the movie, Haechan slides his hand up a little higher, still not doing anything that would give away his intentions.

He's definitely nervous but he knows that he wants Jeno and it seems like the feelings might be mutual. And he refuses to be the shy one.

Whenever Haechan can, he'll use a part from the movie as inspiration to flirt with the male next to him. It's funny because it always seems to catch Jeno off-guard but the fact that he blushes every time is even better.

Jeno is actively aware of the hand on him and the speed of his heartbeat. It only gets worse when he feels Haechans hand trail up his arm.

"What are you doing?" He asks, hoping he sounds normal.

"Your hoodie looks cute on you."

"Thanks."

Pride fills Haechan with how awkward Jeno seems and the fact that he won't make eye contact anymore. But he does want Jeno to look at him.

Nothing happens for a few minutes, to Jenos relief. It doesn't take long for them to finish their drinks so they pause the movie and Jeno volunteers to get them.

When he comes back, Haechan is standing up. He gives him a weird look as he places the sodas down.

He doesn't understand until Haechan holds out his arms.

"I want a hug."

Jeno chuckles, dismissing how cute that was 'cause he might explode if he doesn't.

Haechan wraps his arms around Jenos neck, hugging him as tight as he can, enjoying the feeling of his gentle hands on his waist. There's something comforting about Jeno and something so perfect about hugging him. Once again, Haechan wishes this would be more than a platonic hug.