chapter one hundred and twenty four

"What the hell?" Mark mutters, looking at the device before bringing it over to Hendery. "They know Taro's upset, right?"

Hendery sighs at the messages spamming Shotaros phone. "Yep."

"Are they really like this? All the time? Like ignoring what's actually going on?"

"If someone looks upset or whatever, they ask about it and try to help but Taro once even said how we all have our close friends within our group and if they paid attention, they would know that was Shotaro hinting at how we should all be closer."

"What's happening?" Shotaro asks, walking up to them and then resting on Marks shoulder to look at the phone.

"They're texting you."

"I take it Sungchan told them."

"Yep. And they asked if you're with me. They wanna talk to you."

"Text the groupchat no."

Hendery does as told and watches texts flood in. "They still wanna take and fix everything. Even though they don't know what they did." Henderys phone buzzes in his jeans so he takes it out and checks it. "They're wondering if I'm mad at them too."

"Mad isn't even the correct word."

"I just told them that", Hendery says, typing on his phone.

"They're not all gonna, like, show up here, right?"

"With my terrible luck, they will."

"How can you say you have terrible luck when your luck brought you me and Mark?"

Henderys eyes soften at the small smile on his best friends face. "True. But I still have terrible luck otherwise."

Mark rubs Shotaros back and then looks over Henderys shoulder with him as he texts their insistent friends. After a few minutes, he groans. "Fuck. They're coming over."

"I don't know if you remember", Hendery starts. "But I specifically told you to do the opposite."

"But we should talk", Renjun says softly, pleading with his eyes.

Normally, Renjuns soft tone and puppy eyes can make anyone do what he wants, but Henderys never been easily swayed. And especially not now when it comes to his best friend.

"Do you recall the text where Taro told you he doesn't want to talk?"

Xiaojun sighs. "We know, but really think we should."

"Fine", Shotaro says from the hallway.

"Do you want me to go?" Mark asks quietly.

"Try to leave and I will punch you." Mark chuckles, quickly switching to smiling awkwardly as the males friends file in and give curious looks to Hendery and Shotaro.

"Hi, Mark."

"Hey."

"What do you insist on talking about?" Shotaro asks as they all make themselves comfortable around the living room with Mark and Hendery on either side of him like bodyguards.

"Well, you've been avoiding us and now you've recently got upset with Sungchan."

"That one we know but why have you been avoiding us? What did we do wrong?"

"First, I didn't think any of you did anything wrong and then I waited." Shotaro smiles. "And then you did. Guess."

"Taro, we really have no idea."

Hendery scoffs, bringing the attention over to him. "Oh, nothing. I just think it's interesting that you all seem so concerned right now."

"What?"