chapter ninety eight

"Okay, has anyone even seen Winwin?" Shotaro asks. "Besides Sungchan. They practically share apartments."

Hendery, Xiaojun, and Yangyang shake their heads, making their white-haired friend sigh.

Xiaojun turns his attention to Yangyang. "Yang, how's you and Ten?"

"Oh, we're good." At that, the three males roll their eyes. "What?"

"You always say that. Tell us something interesting. When's your next date?"

"Whenever we want."

"I hope you're not a bottom 'cause I'm about to kick your ass."

Xiaojun snorts. "You think between him and Ten, Yang's the top?"

"What? I can top." Yangyang looks at Hendery. "And why do you wanna kick my ass?"

"'Cause you never talk about Ten. You say vague shit and act like that means we know how you feel."

"Yeah", Shotaro agrees. "I mean you used to talk more before you were dating but that was when-" He stops short, realizing the reason. "Oh."

Yangyang nods in annoyance. "Yeah."

"What?" When no one looks at Xiaojun, he rolls his eyes. "Don't tell me this is because of me."

"Well-", Hendery says, earning a smack from Shotaro. "Ow!"

While they go back to silence, Xiaojun racks his brain for the reason why Yangyang won't talk about Ten. And when he comes up with an answer, he is beyond annoyed. "Don't tell me this about my lack of a relationship with Kun."

"I don't wanna be make you sad, Xiao", Yangyang says softly.

"I'm not going to break because you're in a happy relationship. What kind of ass do you take me for?"

"We don't take you for an ass."

"Okay. And I'm completely fine knowing one of my best friends is in a happy relationship. Winwin is too. You can't protect us from sadness if we were to feel that way and I don't feel sad. Please talk about Ten."

"But it probably doesn't help that he's Kuns friend."

"Yangyang, for the love of God, please talk about your boyfriend!" Xiaojun snaps, making everyone freeze and then break out laughing.

Yangyang nods. "Sure."

"How are you?"

"I-I'm good", Sungchan answers.

"Are you nervous?"

Sungchans cheeks go red at the question, just making Jungwoo smile at how cute he looks. "A little bit."

"That's fine. It just means we need to hangout enough where you don't nervous with me anymore."

"I'm fine with that. I'm normally better in social situations. But I'm also not completely used to new people. I used to get really anxious in social situations. I probably would now too but I don't really go places without my friends."

"Ah", Jungwoo says, nodding in understanding. "I don't really like going anywhere without Ten, Kun, or Jaemin. But that's just because I'm not always super friendly. It just depends on where I'm at."

Sungchan chuckles. "You remind me of Shotaro. He'll go somewhere and just stand there and judge everybody. He only becomes talkative when it's someone he knows and he'll, like, talk to a stranger, but it depends on his mood."

"So, what, are you the sunshine of your group? They all give off, no offense to them, bitchy, asshole vibes. You know if they're not being friendly."

"Me, Yangyang, Xiaojun, and Hendery are the nicest. Winwin is pretty nice too but he kinda just stares, looks bored, and doesn't talk if he doesn't feel like it. Taro is, I guess, selectively nice. Renjun is really nice too but that change in an instant." Feeling a little more comfortable and just wanting to say something, he asks, "What about Kun, Ten, and Jaemin?"