chapter forty five

"You look so adorable", Mark admits.

Haechan gasps, heart fluttering at the words and his tone. "Thank you."

A mostly comforting silence envelopes them as they focus their attention on the food and snacks, neither making any move to separate.

Once they're done, they get up to stretch and take pictures. Mark laughs as Haechan makes silly poses. All of which Mark copies, making it more difficult for Haechan to contain himself while he takes Marks pictures.

They don't forget to photograph the scenery or take pictures with each other either.

Haechans favorite is the one where Mark kisses his cheek.

"Okay", Haechan says when they sit back down. "Tell me about you."

"Do you want me to talk about anything specific?"

"Whatever you want. I'll listen to anything."

"Okay, well, um, I have an older brother who moved to New York. Whenever he sees me, he gives me a souvenir but he also acts like I'm super like, compared to him and he always ruffles my hair. It's not my favorite but because it's him and a tradition, I kinda like and I'd probably be sad if he stopped. Me and my family is just a group of emotional people. My parents used to get concerned 'cause I didn't get angry much and they, though a lot upset, were relieved when I actually expressed anger."

"What did you do?"

"Punched Lele."

"What? Why?"

"We were just joking around but our hits progressively got harder and us angrier."

"That makes sense."

"Uh yeah. But I felt really bad and apologized and then Lele apologized and er didn't even, like, jokingly punch each other for a month."

"How did you two meet?"

"Just met him in class and he's talkative and so am I sometimes. And he's just super friendly and always asked me to hangout with him."

"Shouldn't Jeno have gotten used to you?"

"I don't think he wanted to share."

Haechan nods in understanding, remembering what Jeno has told him from one of their conversations.

"I see. What kinda movies do you like?"

"It depends. You can convince me to watch, like, anything but on my own, depending on what it is, I won't watch it."

"I get it. Do you like scary movies?"

"Yeah, but, um, I can't handle them sometimes. I have a nightlight."

Haechan squeals, making Mark jump. Haechan throws himself into Marks lap, hugging his waist.

"You're so cute."

"Uh, thank you", Mark says awkwardly.

Haechan sits up but decides to lean on him. "Tell me more. I like learning things about you."

Mark continues for a while, stopping occasionally to check if he's talking too much. Haechan always shakes his head and reminds him that he likes listening to him before going back to playing with his hand, which is actually more calming than Mark thought it would be.

Sunset approaches, causing the two to stand up and watch it.

Standing next to Haechan, experience a moment like this makes Mark think of a few things. He taps his finger against his leg, trying to keep himself from getting to anxious from his thoughts.