chapter one hundred and twenty

"When you're done, let us know when you're ready for dessert."

"Can I get a mcflurry?"

"Mhm."

"I want mine with M&M's", Affinity says before sipping her soda.

"Minjae?"

"Hm?"

"Do you want anything?"

"I'll just have a chocolate chip cookie."

"Just one?"

"Am I allowed to have more than one?"

"Four is your limit."

"Oh", the girl says, not expecting that. She usually has two of anything at most. "Um, three, then. Thank you."

"Of course."

After discussing what else they want, Mark and Haechan go to order dessert.

"How do you three feel about grocery shopping?" Jaemin asks.

"I've only gone sometimes but I like it", Reese says.

"I don't care too much", Minjae says.

"I like it too."

"Well, we're going shopping after this to get you snacks and stuff, is that okay?"

"Yes!"

"Yes!"

"Okay."

"We're gonna split up so who wants to go with me and Jeno? We'll get food."

"Me", Affinity says, already thinking of snacks.

"Who wants to go with us? We'll look at the clothes and stuff first."

"I'll get food first", Reese says, holding onto the cart Mark is holding.

Wordlessly, Minjae moves over to where Jaemin and Haechan are and places a hand on the cart.

"Okay. We'll just call when we're ready to meet, okay?"

"Okay."

"Can we get fruit snacks?"

"Sure. Which ones?"

"Those ones!"

"No, those!"

"I'm gonna give you one minute to agree on something or I'm gonna pick, deal."

"Okay!"

Affinity and Reese go right back to bickering over the fruit snacks until the last second and then Mark grabs a random box of fruit snacks and places them in the cart, silencing them.

"Wait, wait", the two panic, neither liking the choice Mark picked out.

"You didn't agree on anything."

"But, but..."

"Do you want one more minute to try again?"

"Yes, please."

"Okay, starting-"

"Ooh, Gushers!"

"Can we get those?"

"No, fruit roll-ups."

"One minute or the fruit snacks stay. Go." The conversation is slightly more civil this time, not really with anymore progress than before. Mark sighs and turns to Jeno. "Call Jaemin or Haechan and tell them to ask which one Minjae wants."