chapter one hundred and one

"Hello?"

"Alyssa got in a fight with Mom and cussed at her so now Mom is upset and Alyssa also told her that she didn't wanna go dress shopping with her so Alyssa is on her way to you and she has the money for her dress."

"Um, okay. So I can take her dress shopping, right? Like that's what's going on?"

"Yes."

"Okay."

"Oh, and don't let her get anything inappropriate or she's gonna have to cover up."

Haechan rolls his eyes. "I got it."

He stays by the door waiting for his sister. As soon she knocks, he opens the door.

The girl collapses into his arms. "I hate her! I hate her!"

Haechan just rests his chin on her head and holds her until she calms down and then asks, "What happened?"

"So I was looking at dresses I liked and Mom picked out some and Kade even tried but I like what I like. And they kept giving me suggestions I didn't want so I asked if I could just look myself. But not everything I liked fit me and it would be too much to get it tailored so Mom thought I didn't know my size or what I wanted so she made me let her help again, but it's like everything I picked, she had a problem with. Like I picked a simple dress and she was disappointed and asked if I wanted something more. I picked a fancier dress and she said it didn't look good on me. I picked a loose one and I looked fat, I picked a tight one and it was inappropriate and I was trying to show off my chest. It was so exhausting and I got mad at Mom and asked her why she was ruining it and we know how Mom is."

"Oh, jeez."

"And so Mom called me an ungrateful, spoiled brat who didn't even need to have this nice experience and said I never listen and to pick what I want. I tried looking again but the dresses were expensive and so Mom told Kade I thought she was a money machine and I just snapped and asked her why she's such a bitch. Mom told me I'm the one that's acting like a bitch and that I don't deserve any of this and I'm lucky she already paid for tickets or she wouldn't let me go and I just can't."

"You can stay with me for a few days, okay?"

"What about clothes and stuff?"

"Is there anything you absolutely need from home that I can't replace?"

"No..."

"Okay, then if you really need something that I don't already have, I'll buy you a new one."

"Isn't that too much money?"

"No?" Haechan questions. "You know I can just go out and buy whatever I want, right? And if you feel that bad, I'll tell Dad you need something."

"Okay."

"So, did you find a dress you liked? 'Cause we can go back and buy it."

"All the really pretty ones I like are expensive so I'm trying to find something else."

"How expensive?"

"Like five-hundred dollars and beyond. And I don't wanna spend all that money on something I'm only gonna wear once so I don't wanna buy it...I just like those more."

"Is there one specific dress you want?"

"Yes, but the store only had the silver version and the necklace had this ruffle part I don't like, but I like the dress overall."

"Do you have a picture?"

"Yeah, hang on."

"Okay, see this?" She says, holding her phone up. "I want this but white, no straps, take off the ruffle part, and see how the top is kind of pointy? I don't want that. I want it more round."