chapter forty eight

"Why did you add so much salt?" Jaemin exclaims, staring at the pot in horror.

"You told me to!"

"No, I didn't!"

"You said to add a few tablespoons or guess!"

"Teaspoons!"

"You don't have a teaspoon!"

"That's why I said to guess!"

"My bad, Princess."

Jaemin glares for a few seconds then decides to ignore Jeno as he deals with what he's done.

"Why did I hear yelling?" Haechan asks, appearing in the kitchen.

"Princess", Jeno nods towards Jaemin, "did not give me clear instructions, and now he's mad."

Jaemins jaw drops. "I gave you super clear instructions!"

"Okay, why don't we focus our attention on something else?" Haechan offers, not wanting things to escalate.

"Are you sure Jeno can handle it?" Jaemin mutters, making Haechans eyes widen. He's never experienced the male have this attitude with anyone other than him.

"Don't worry", Jeno leans over to Jaemins earr, grinning, "I can handle it, princess."

"Are you sure the princess can handle it?"

"I can."

"Sure."

What the fuck is happening? Haechan thinks as he looks from one to other.

They finish the cooking, almost decently, and then eat. Afterwards, they decide to relax by watching a movie.

Haechan makes the executive decision to sit on floor while the two sit on the couch. When the two move down to sit next to him, he moves onto the couch and grins at the two.

"Princesses should stay on the same level."

"And what are you?"

"Yours", the male responds with a wink.

Jaemin and Jeno burst out laughing, making the brunet pout, which only amuses them further.

"You look so cute right now", Jeno tells him.

"You do", Jaemin agrees.

"Why are you laughing?"

"That was terrible", the two reply in unison,  shocking each other.

"Don't be a copycat, Princess."

Jaemin gasps. "I wasn't copying!"

Haechan groans. "Let's just watch the movie."

It turns out the asking for Jaemin and Jeno's input isn't the best idea as they have different opinions for what they should watch in every category. Haechan's never seen Jaemin so argumentative. What's more shocking is that he doesn't back down to Jeno matching his energy. In fact, Jaemin seems more comfortable than he's ever seen him.

How did that happen?

"Okay, I'M PICKING!" He shouts to cut off their bickering. And then adds, "If you both don't let the three of us do things in peace, you'll only be allowed to receive affection from each other. I won't give it or receive it."

Jaemin pouts. "That's mean!"

"Thanks, Princess."

"I like giving affection to everyone, Princess."