bonus:renwinsung ft. johnjae

A year later

Renjun stares at his reflection and frowns. The dress is pretty but it's not right. Somehow, it's too elegant and while Renjun normally enjoys the look, right now, it doesn't feel right.

"What's wrong?" Alyssa asks softly, upon seeing the look on his face.

"I don't feel enough like myself."

"That's okay", Lena says quickly. "Do you know what the issue is? Anything you can add?"

"One, the skirt isn't big enough. Two, I don't think I want a slit. I'm also not sure...", Renjun trails off and sighs. "I don't know what color. I think I might want it to be white but I also don't know how I feel about a white dress." Renjun moves to a chair and groans.

"We have time", Jaemin says softly, moving to rub Renjuns back. "Are you sure you wanna do this right now?"

"I recommend a snack break."

"Alyssa actually has a point."

Alyssa looks at her brother in offense. "Of course I do."

"Let's do that", Jaemin says, guiding Renjun to his feet. Haechan takes the other side of him, linking his arm with Renjuns. The two escort him out of the studio with Alyssa and Lena following behind. There are two restaurants just across the street and lucky for Renjun, it's an easy decision.

Haechan and Jaemin insist on paying, which no one complains about and once they're done, they decide to leave so Renjun can have more space. They take turns hugging him and kissing his cheek and Jaemin threatens Lena not to allow Renjun to stress himself out, which makes Haechan and Alyssa laugh. Lena promises to watch over Renjun and kisses her girlfriend goodbye, which earns loud responses from their audience that would be embarrassing if anyone else was around.

When Renjun enters the studio, he doesn't get to work right away. He just scrolls on his phone and texts for forty-five minutes before deciding to look up some dress inspiration. After ten minutes of finding nothing, he gets up and goes to critique the dress he made. Immediately, he notices the same problems he pointed out earlier but he also realizes that he just doesn't like fabric. It's too simple and though it's nice that it can hold its shape, he wants something more flowy. Renjun stares at the skirt, imagining it with changes he thinks he wants and eventually comes up with something he likes. He picks up the sketchpad on the table across from him and creates a list for the skirt. Next is the bodice, which is its own problem because Renjun thought he knew what he wanted until he wore it.

Lena, who'd been in a separate room to give him space, comes in and finds him furiously scribbling against the sketchpad. She lets out a sigh, happy that Renjun seems to have figured out something but worried. She waits for a few minutes before leaving again.

When she comes back, she finds Renjun in the same position as before but his pencil is still. Then her gaze slowly moves over to the crumpled paper balls on the desk in front of him.

"Okay", she says, taking the pencil out of his hand. "You're done for today, me and Jaemin's orders."

"I'm the one that pays you."

"You can't pay me if you're dead." She pulls him up from the chair. "Come on. Let's call it a day and we can start bright and early tomorrow."

Renjun rolls his eyes but he doesn't fight it, not opposed to going home and cuddling with his fiances for the rest of the day. Lena walks him all the way to his car and tells him she's gonna tell Sungchan and Winwin not to work until eight a.m. tomorrow before saying bye with a smile and a wave

"I'm home!" Renjun calls, entering the apartment.

"Hi honey!"

"Hey babe!"