chapter thirty nine

Haechan🥰
Ask him on a date

                                                                    Jaemin
                                                                      What?

Haechan🥰
Ask Mark on a date
Just the two of you
Hint at your feelings and fluster him
and let him see that he makes you
nervous too

                                                                    Jaemin
                                                                      Okay...

"Everything good?"

Jaemin looks up and smiles at Mark as he pockets his phone. "Yeah. Just my friend."

"Oh. You looked worried."

Jaemin shakes his head abstractedly, mulling over his conversation with Haechan.

Mark is about to ask if he's okay again when he shoots his head up suddenly. "Hey, Mark?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you...", Jaemin takes a deep breath,"will you go on a date with me? Just us?"

Mark is fully aware that he's significantly less nervous than when Haechan asked him on a date but he doesn't dwell on it as he processes the request.

He finds himself smiling shyly, fully aware of his flushed face. "Yeah, I'd like."

Jaemin squeals. "You're so fucking cute, you know that?"

I can't decide if that's hot or cute

"You are too."

Just like every other time, the way Jaemins eyes flutter and he smiles with the pretty pink blush on his face gets Mark.

He doesn't understand it, how someone is so gorgeous. And he really doesn't get how sometimes Jaemin seems to genuinely not know.

How can he not know?

"Um", Jaemin says, catching his attention. "I kinda like to plan so we can talk about our future date."

How am I supposed to not kiss him?

How am I supposed not to do anything?

Unsure that he can stand to do nothing, Mark brings Jaemin into an unexpected hug that makes him gasp with surprise. Jaemin isn't sure which feeling to focus on, his heart or the coziness he gets from being in Marks arms.

"We can talk like this", Mark says.

Jaemin grins even brighter. "I'm completely fine with this."

Jisung❤️
What are you guys wearing to Darci's
party?

Princess
No idea

Mark🤗
Me either

Haechan🥰
I'm gonna think on it
I can't decide if I wanna look scary or
not
And how much effort I'm gonna put in

                                                                    Jaemin
                          Jeno, you should dress up as a
                          princess :)

Princess
I'm gonna have to think on that,
Princess

Lele🤪
OH MY GOD JAEMIN
I NEED TO SHOW YOU SOMETHING